View Full Version : Evekeo - medication/diagnosis help?

Melodrama
12-04-16, 12:13 AM
Hello, I need some medication advice and possibly a new diagnoses?

I am a 16 year old male. I was diagnosed with ADD this summer, and recieved a new stimulant medication known as Evekeo. It is similar to Adderal, so that is why I am posting in this forum. The two ingrediants of Addedal are like 70% of one thing and 30% of some other thing, while Evekeo is 50% and 50% of both of these.

This is my 4th day taking Evekeo and it has only made me more anxious and irritable. I was diagnosed with Innitentive ADD, but I feel like this could be wrong.

I have been researching types of ADD and I believe I could have Hyperfocus ADD. Here is a break down of my history and traits:

I worry excessively, I am diagnosed with Generlized Anxiety Disorder, I am good at paying attention to details like in Allgebra or in Video editing, I feel overwhelmed by sounds and sights, stress is unbearable, I am introverted and not hyperactive, I am currently depressed and have been for the past year and currently seeing a therapist for my anxiety and suicidal thoughts, I have never had good self esteem even as a 3 year old not wanting to have my face on camera, I argue with my parents and friends and even my therapist, I have no self confidence to speak of, I get very angry at people but because i fear rejection i hold it all in and ussally let it out on my self, my parents, or by punching a while until my fist hurts,

I don't move on well, when my girlfriend moved to Maryland after 7th grade I became depressed and continue to think ahout her today and feel guilty because i feel like i wasnt a good enough friend to her, i was a stubborn child I refused to take piano lessons and listen to my parents often, im easily embarressed and guilty, I am physically hypersensitive to clothes and shoes that anoy the hell out of me like having my collar rub up against my neck, I find it very hard to focus on one thing, i often never learn anything while in school, not because i dont pay attention I just cant process the information because im trying to process everything around me all at once, i ussally end up teaching myself at home because i never learn in class,

i hate reading and have only finished 4 books in my life time, I constantly compare myself to others and feel inferior at all times, i feel like every one hates me, i loose friends easily because once i get to know someone well i start to open up to them and then they realize im an arrogant argumentative idiot, I get angry and impatient when im not getting my way but i dont like to show it to people, im very insecure, i hate my hair and body and am very self critical, i am a perfectionist, when I try drawing or painting and dont like what im making because im not good enough i crumple it all up or I stab my pencil all the way through a brand new sketch book, Theres more but i think this is enough.

Thanks!! Please help me

Melodrama
12-04-16, 01:04 AM
punching a while until my fist hurts,

Punchinf a wall*

sarahsweets
12-04-16, 09:56 AM

I am a 16 year old male. I was diagnosed with ADD this summer, and recieved a new stimulant medication known as Evekeo. It is similar to Adderal, so that is why I am posting in this forum. The two ingrediants of Addedal are like 70% of one thing and 30% of some other thing, while Evekeo is 50% and 50% of both of these.

This is my 4th day taking Evekeo and it has only made me more anxious and irritable. I was diagnosed with Innitentive ADD, but I feel like this could be wrong.

I have been researching types of ADD and I believe I could have Hyperfocus ADD. Here is a break down of my history and traits:
I hope someone else can chime in and share more aboue Eveko because I always assumed it was just a brand name and not its own drug.
What is hyperfocus adhd? I have never heard of that one.

I don't move on well, when my girlfriend moved to Maryland after 7th grade I became depressed and continue to think ahout her today and feel guilty because i feel like i wasnt a good enough friend to her, i was a stubborn child I refused to take piano lessons and listen to my parents often, im easily embarressed and guilty, I am physically hypersensitive to clothes and shoes that anoy the hell out of me like having my collar rub up against my neck, I find it very hard to focus on one thing, i often never learn anything while in school, not because i dont pay attention I just cant process the information because im trying to process everything around me all at once, i ussally end up teaching myself at home because i never learn in class,

Have you ever had any assessments for anything on the autism spectrum? I ask because a lot of the sensory issues can be very typical for people on the spectrum. Sometimes sensory issues can be so overwhelming that it can cause 'melt downs" and those can even be violent.

i hate reading and have only finished 4 books in my life time, I constantly compare myself to others and feel inferior at all times, i feel like every one hates me, i loose friends easily because once i get to know someone well i start to open up to them and then they realize im an arrogant argumentative idiot, I get angry and impatient when im not getting my way but i dont like to show it to people, im very insecure, i hate my hair and body and am very self critical, i am a perfectionist, when I try drawing or painting and dont like what im making because im not good enough i crumple it all up or I stab my pencil all the way through a brand new sketch book, Theres more but i think this is enough.

Thanks!! Please help me
Being rigid is also something that people on the spectrum suffer with. I am not trying to diagnose you, I am just offering some suggestions.

Melodrama
12-04-16, 11:29 AM

I worry excessively, I am diagnosed with Generlized Anxiety Disorder, I am good at paying attention to details like in Allgebra or in Video editing, I feel overwhelmed by sounds and sights, stress is unbearable, I am introverted and not hyperactive, I am currently depressed and have been for the past year and currently seeing a therapist for my anxiety and suicidal thoughts, I have never had good self esteem even as a 3 year old not wanting to have my face on camera, I argue with my parents and friends and even my therapist, I have no self confidence to speak of, I get very angry at people but because i fear rejection i hold it all in and ussally let it out on my self, my parents, or by punching a while until my fist hurts,

Thanks!! Please help me

I hope someone else can chime in and share more aboue Eveko because I always assumed it was just a brand name and not its own drug.
What is hyperfocus adhd? I have never heard of that one.

Have you ever had any assessments for anything on the autism spectrum? I ask because a lot of the sensory issues can be very typical for people on the spectrum. Sometimes sensory issues can be so overwhelming that it can cause 'melt downs" and those can even be violent.

Being rigid is also something that people on the spectrum suffer with. I am not trying to diagnose you, I am just offering some suggestions.

I'll keep that in mind but I do not think I have aspergers or autism. I have taken online tests and I have never came out positive. No one on either of my family has this disorder. If you met me in person I think you would understand that I am not this way. I do not have trouble "reading people" or understanding people like autistic people have difficulty with. I have a perfect understanding for jokes and sarcasm. I have never had a "met down" nor a violent one in any social situation. The reason I get angry and punch walls and argue with my friends/therapist/parents is because I contain all of my emotions throughout my life, and now I need somewherre to let it out, and those closest to me will understand better. I am very friendly, chill, thoughtful, caring kind of guy around people, I also never get into arguments with people i do not know well, but once I start to open up to them I show them all of those emotions I have been containing.

About being rigid, it's less about opposition to other peoples ideas, and more about ability to change myself, like changing my thought process. If my therapist or someone tells me to accept my emotions, or to accept who I am I would tell them, I can't, give me a new brain. And the point is I really CAN'T change. I've tried and I just can not change the way I think and I am just never ever happy with myself. I have never been happy with who i am for as long as i can remember, this makes me wonder if i have a seratonin or dopamine deffiency. Also I am a little more "feminine" than I am "masculine" and I have more "girlfriends" than I do "boyfriends". I wear makeup and I am straight. I find girls easier to be around and better understand my emotions.

More about sensory issues. It's not that sights and sounds "annoy" me or are unberable to the point i have to leave the room or to a point where i cant function. Its that my brain does not know how to focus on one thing without focusing on all things all at once. If a teacher is lecturing and a boy starts tapping his pencil, the pencil tapping will make it impossible for me to process the teacher's information. If a bird starts chirping outside, my attention does not "GO" to the bird, it is just added into the equation, and makes focusing on the teacher that much harder. It stems from a problem my neuro psychcologist called,"essential vs. non-essential" my brain does not know what in its environment is inportant, like a teacher lecture, vs what is not important like the air conditioner turning on, or a car going by in the background. Its the same with taking notes, if im assigned to take notes on a 40 page chapter in history I end up taking 10-15 pages of notes, which is WAY too many, because i dont know what is essential and non essential. I over complicate everything in life, and by the end of the day my brain is already tired from all that went on during the day, so i ussally can't finish my homework very well. This is hell.

Hyperfocus ADD: here are some links:

"Hyperfocus: How to Control and Harness Your ADHD" (http://www.additudemag.com/adhd-web/article/print/5007.html) from ADDitude Magazine

"Know the ADD Types -- Type 3: Overfocused ADD" (http://www.printfriendly.com/print?source=homepage&url_s=uGGC%25dN%25cS%25cSJJJmnzrApyvAvpFmpBz%25cSo yBt%25cSxABJ-Gur-nqq-GLCrF-Jrrx-d-BIrEsBpHFrq-nqq%25cS#) from Amen Clinics

"Are There Really 7 Types of ADHD?" (http://www.additudemag.com/slideshow/61/print.html) from ADDitude Magazine (see section on Over-Focused ADD)

Melodrama
12-04-16, 12:06 PM
Actually the first link I sent isn't really about Overfocused ADD, and more about focus in general.