View Full Version : Unprepared

Laneless
12-05-16, 09:23 PM
Hey! I am new here. I have been diagnosed with ADD only inattentive. I have recently accomplished completing cosmetology school to start a new career. My issue righ now is that I have a huge (all day) interview consisting of tests and doing a model this Wednesday. Then I have state board practical exam on Dec 12th and written exam on Dec 17th. I can't wrap my mind around how to prepare/study. It's overwhelming as usual and when my brain is everwhelmed I tend to "wing it". This is too important to wing it, but here it is so close to time for all of this and I haven't started to try and figure this out.

ginniebean
12-06-16, 12:05 AM
You will do better than you think. You already know it.

sarahsweets
12-06-16, 05:43 AM
I only finished 600/1200 hours of beauty school and dropped out for other reasons. I can say though, practice on those heads- strap those babies to the nearest counter and work those roller sets!

Faraway
12-06-16, 08:16 AM
may be we can try to talk you through that?

if so, first Question:

what will be your benefit and how will you feel upon succeeding?

Laneless
12-06-16, 01:46 PM
may be we can try to talk you through that?

if so, first Question:

what will be your benefit and how will you feel upon succeeding?

For the interview on Wednesday it would mean a new job and completely new career field that I hope will be more suited for me. I would be excited and happy. For the next two exams coming up that is for my license. I am 33 yrs old and this was my 3rd attempt (5th if you count online) at completing some type of school program since I graduated from high school. For the first time i feel like I finally succeeded at completing something I started. Except for the fact that until I pass the exams I'm not quite finished. So I would feel successful for the first time in my life if I can get through this.

Faraway
12-06-16, 10:05 PM
ok, so you will feel great then :-) AWESOME!!

(just mentioning, from a logical point view you must have been sucessfull in many ways and many times yet, but you seem to have a tendency to not remember that...but thatīs probably not the topic right now)

Have you drawn a mindmap of the events to come,so far?

Like "what happens when?" in chronological order and with lot of space below each chunk?

Faraway
12-06-16, 10:38 PM
oh - and very GOOD LUCK for the interview and the model!!!

since you are prepared you may allow yourself to trust...say your unconscious mind, a miraculous benevolent power from above, or whatever works best for you to guide you through that day.

I hope you let us know how things evolve....