View Full Version : Been diagnosed with Eyvanse. Already on Venlafaxine 150mg - advise please!

KELMO1234
12-06-16, 06:55 AM
Hi there,

I am a 39 year old female who resides in the UK.

I went for an assessment yesterday with Dr Humphries at Harley Street who
has diagnosed me (which i've suspected for years) that I have ADD.

Over the years the ADD has caused huge low self esteem and having taking recreational drugs in my twenties, i now suffer with pretty bad anxiety/depression.

Dr Humphries has prescribed me with 30mg. i'm already on 150mg of Venlafaxine (Effexor).

I'm petrified to take it as recenlty I've lost a bit of weight due to anxiety and increased depression because I think the Venlafaxine isn't working anymore.

I'm not really feeling in a good place at all and very scared about adding another chemical to my brain.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Especially anyone who has had success on the combination of two meds.

C15H25N3O
12-06-16, 03:55 PM
Welcome to Elvanse Vyvanse wonderland! :giggle:

Personally I would reject venlafaxin and prefer Vyvanse.
Vyvanse is a great med and the weakest of all amphetamines.
For me it works also mood-lifting and I got rid off an anxiety
disorder combining it with CBD-oil. There is a lot to read for
you in elder threads for weeks. :faint:

C15H25N3O
12-06-16, 07:05 PM
You should start recognizing Elvanse after about one hour.
Elvanse has its full effectiveness after three hours. Maybe
you should start the intake on a saturday because it can
make you euphoric and really happy for the first one or
two weeks and you will have an enourmous boost of joy.

KELMO1234
12-08-16, 07:36 AM
hi there,

So i stared the Vyvanse 30mg yesterday. I didn't really feel that different if I'm honest. There was no 'clarity' moment. I did feel slightly more motivated but not sure if thats just psychological. I didn't sleep well last night.

I've got a prescription for a month but should i contact my psychiatrist if it still doesn't work after a week?

I gutted :(

Kerrie

KELMO1234
12-08-16, 07:45 AM
I didnt have any type of euphoric kind of feeling at all! I did fee slightly more motivated but i don't know if this is psychological!

I didn't sleep well last night. I feel really hungry too!

I took it today at 9am its now 11.45 and feel absolutely nothing! HOw long do you think i should leave it until I contact my psychiatrist to let him know its not having an effect??

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

thanks
Kerrie