View Full Version : Mind Blank during speaking

Keiththeman1234
12-06-16, 02:30 PM
Hi, I am just wondering does people usually have a blank mind when they speak, cause i do.

Jenn1202
12-07-16, 05:24 PM
It happens to me sometimes... Usually when I get very little sleep or around the time my meds are wearing off. Public speaking and other extremely stressful situations can also cause this.

Socaljaxs
12-07-16, 06:32 PM
Yes. Sadly this is an often occurance for me. I'm a talker by nature and tend to drift from subject to subject tangents. Brain blanks often and it's comical but sad that it occurs

anonymouslyadd
12-07-16, 08:27 PM
I think this happens to many people, ADD or not.

phazonConduit
12-07-16, 10:31 PM
I think this happens to many people, ADD or not.

I do notice those who have ADHD happen to have that happen consistently within a conversation. Whenever I talk to people (at least when I did before I started adjusting my psych meds), I'm practically stringing together every sentence I articulate--usually after an interrupted thought that sparks more fuel for the conversation. There are times when I'd exhausted a thought that my mind stops suddenly processing it and the "comet-tail" of thoughts comes to a standstill and I'm suddenly thinking, "Where was I going with this and what was I even talking about?"

garoosh
12-29-16, 01:01 AM
Yes when that happens I often say something inappropriate or something that doesn't make sense. I try to think about almost everything I say before I say it which leads to not talking much. I think this causes a social burnout very quickly since it requires a great deal of effort it to get the words out right. Not sure if your experience something similar

Little Nut
12-29-16, 11:37 AM
Hi, I am just wondering does people usually have a blank mind when they speak, cause i do.

Assuming you are talking about your mind going blank while speaking and not that your mind is blank the whole time and words just seem to come out.

Public Speaking, not for quite a long time. I learned in HS that a thorough knowledge of the subject, preparation, and practice work for me. (Extemporaneous, a lot trickier.)

Casual conversations or longer one-sided conversations (e.g. explanations) used to be much more frequent. The ADHD meds really helped with this. I also believe when I was smoking heavily and consuming mass quantities of coffee it helped alot too, but I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE. -LN

Fraser_0762
12-29-16, 11:56 AM
Mines goes blank when other people are talking. I then don't know how to respond, because i'm trying to restructure what they just said in my own mind in a way that makes sense to me.