View Full Version : Question about taking a break

jacount
12-07-16, 03:31 PM
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has compared taking 1/2 a dose for a few days to abstinence for a similar time frame.

I need to take a short break due to a few days that caused me to double my normal dose of 40 mg. Normally the 40 mg works good for me, as long as I have a solid nights sleep under my belt. A combination of home and work caused me to loose out on a lot of sleep for a few days and I ended up taking a second dose early in the afternoon as I felt my normal dose fading much sooner then is typical.

I have also started taking magnesium supplements at night in an attempt to not mess up my tolerance too much.

Thanks.

aeon
12-07-16, 04:28 PM
Take your meds as prescribed, period.

Know that you are playing with fire by not doing so.

All the magnesium in the world won’t help you given your choice of noncompliance.

Cheers,
Ian

C15H25N3O
12-07-16, 05:46 PM
if you have bad sleep on 40mg you are on a to huge dosage already.
Are you crazy to double your dosage? Why are you abusing your prescribed med?
Amphetamine induced psychosis welcomes you sooner or later.

jacount
12-07-16, 07:15 PM
if you have bad sleep on 40mg you are on a to huge dosage already.
Are you crazy to double your dosage? Why are you abusing your prescribed med?
Amphetamine induced psychosis welcomes you sooner or later.

I can sleep fine on the 40s, have even taken a short nap a few times 3-5 hours after taking it. Lack of sleep has been due to some 12+ hour days at work while having a lot going on at home.

I realize that doing this was not the best idea, but unfortunately life can get in the way every now and then.

jacount
12-07-16, 07:33 PM
I should also add that the 40 MG dose typically wears off for me after 5-6 hours or so. Have been taking it for about 5 months, and my therapist is planning on either upping the dose or prescribing some kind of instant release booster at my next appointment.