View Full Version : Due to start Concerta. Should I be scared?

BOCK102
12-10-16, 11:53 AM
Hi everyone,
Haven't been on the site in a while as my prescription of Strattera was working pretty well up until recently. Felt like my 50mg dose was starting to poop out so I was upped to 60mg and developed tachycardia.

Anyway seeing my consultant on Tuesday and last time I spoke to him he suggested a possible change to concerta. This will definitely happen now as the strattera has quit.

Anyway, anything I see online about Concerta seems to be pretty bad i.e. no appetite, feeling anxious and bad comedowns.

My questions are:

1) Is it worth it?
2) How does it feel?
3) What has your experience been like?

Thanks so much (in advance) for your replies :-)

Corina86
12-11-16, 09:00 AM
1. yes, for some people
2. it doesn't feel like much at first, but I start doing something I stay focus a lot longer and I have more energy. Not doing anything feels the same on or off Concerta
3. I have some high blood pressure and I need to take a beta-blocker with it. Then again I get high bp if I drink a cup of green tea. Other I feel no side effects and it improved my work performance a lot. Outside of work, my issues simply can't be fixed by Concerta.

Don't worry about taking it. If you don't like you just quit and that's that. If you quit it or you take a break, there are no consequences, no withdrawal or anything.

BOCK102
12-11-16, 05:04 PM
Hi Corina,
Thanks so much for your reply and thanks for putting things into perspective. I'm just a bit nervous as for the past two years my ADHD has for the most part been under control. Remembering what it's like without meds has freaked me out, but you're right, if it doesn't agree with me I can just stop! :-)

I'll keep you informed as to how I get on :-)

Charmcityguy22
01-08-17, 12:09 PM
I was afraid to take any stimulant medican when i first started actually it took me a year to start after i was prescribed adderall,i started after i had the worst panic attack of my life one day,but im now off of adderall and have been taking concerta,but whn i first started it was a slow start but after a few days i was better and has completly changed my life for the better,good luck and if have any doubts just go for it it cant hurt,if it ends up not being the right med for you there are a ton other out there.