View Full Version : Mayne methamphetamine hydrochloride (generic) - anyone tried this generic?

b3nault
12-10-16, 03:54 PM
Does anyone have any experience with this manufacturers generic (Mayne Pharma)?

I'm going to start it next week and just curious as to what I should be expecting.

When I was taking generic Desoxyn in the past, it was the Mylan version. While it was better than any other medication I have tried for my symptoms, it was rather inconsistent.

Hopefully I'll this generic will be better. One day I would love to try the branded Desoxyn from Recordati Rare Diseases, but I'm still unclear as to wether or not they still offer it or not. I've tried contacting them about it, but have yet to get back a response.

b3nault
12-10-16, 11:20 PM
Or has anyone tried the generic from Roxane?

jkimbo
12-11-16, 06:47 PM
Before I googled it, I thought you were talking about crystal meth lol

elite242lbs
02-03-17, 07:51 PM
Brand is available and in stock according to my insurance pharmacy but it's a lot of money.

inbetweenshades
08-31-17, 11:34 PM
Brand name formula was recently changed and it's useless.
Generic isn't much better, but a little.(Mayne)
This new version has actually knocked me out more than once. Had I been driving at the time, it surely would have ended in a wreck.
And it's not just me. Even my pharmacist, for once, requested that I submit a complaint to FDA AND current maker.
It is working for no one that I no of right now.

Which really sucks for me because I have literally tried everything now.
I'm at a a total loss as to what to do next.
But PLEASE, do not spend over a a thousand dollars for a months supply of this medication. It no longer works.

sarahsweets
09-01-17, 04:23 AM
Brand name formula was recently changed and it's useless.
Generic isn't much better, but a little.(Mayne)
This new version has actually knocked me out more than once. Had I been driving at the time, it surely would have ended in a wreck.
And it's not just me. Even my pharmacist, for once, requested that I submit a complaint to FDA AND current maker.
It is working for no one that I no of right now.

Which really sucks for me because I have literally tried everything now.
I'm at a a total loss as to what to do next.
But PLEASE, do not spend over a a thousand dollars for a months supply of this medication. It no longer works.

Have you tried other amphetamines?

elite242lbs
09-05-17, 06:59 PM
I have been prescribed this medication since Feb. 2017, I take the generic version from Mayne and have not noticed any changes as of yet.

jeffb74
09-05-17, 10:34 PM
Elite242lbs, after six months taking the generic version from Mayne and I'm not sure you're current dosage, but what is your overall experience, opinion, of the Mayne Pharma Tablets (generic version of Desoxyn)?

elite242lbs
10-06-17, 10:17 PM
Elite242lbs, after six months taking the generic version from Mayne and I'm not sure you're current dosage, but what is your overall experience, opinion, of the Mayne Pharma Tablets (generic version of Desoxyn)?

Jeffb74, I find Mayne generic working great for me. I have not tried brand or have had any interest to. With Desoxyn, I don't experience any of the physical sides I had with Adderall. With Vyvanse I felt extremely talkative and generous, definitely wasn't myself. Both didn't feel good to workout/train with, especially at their peak and the comedown was awful. Desoxyn has been much smoother than both mentioned. 15mg in the AM and 10mg in the PM works great for me. 15mg works the best getting me out of zombie mode to get my day started and 10mg works perfect for any other time of the day. Comedown is easy, I can train and eat well on it. A new doc has me on 10mg twice a day. Still better than anything else I've tried but will talk to him about my experience.

baical
10-16-17, 02:02 AM
Recordati I believe is based in Puerto Rico. I'm not sure if they're still in business but at one point weren't they the only one that produces Desoxyn? So now Mayne produces it?

does desoxyn always work for you? Is it more consistent than other ADHD meds?

Does anyone have any experience with this manufacturers generic (Mayne Pharma)?

I'm going to start it next week and just curious as to what I should be expecting.

When I was taking generic Desoxyn in the past, it was the Mylan version. While it was better than any other medication I have tried for my symptoms, it was rather inconsistent.

Hopefully I'll this generic will be better. One day I would love to try the branded Desoxyn from Recordati Rare Diseases, but I'm still unclear as to wether or not they still offer it or not. I've tried contacting them about it, but have yet to get back a response.