View Full Version : Just Switched From Strattera to Vyvanse

ADHDFuzzyhead
12-10-16, 08:35 PM
I just started taking Vyvanse today and it was pretty strong. I remember having about three days of adjustment with Strattera before I felt like myself. Does anyone have experience with Vyvanse who can tell me how long before I start feeling normal. It lasted for about 10 hours today. 10 hours of what felt like tweeking. Hoping that I will adjust in a couple of days; don't want to be acting strangely when I go back to work.

BBSurf37
12-12-16, 09:45 PM
Hi there. Yes it's strong for two weeks then you adjust. Another question: How do you know what tweeking feels like? Have you had drug problems in the past? Should you be on a stimulant?

jkimbo
12-12-16, 10:12 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong please! But isn't Strattera merely a class 4 med? On the line of bupropion? In fact I think burpopion is even better then Strattera. If so I think any stimulant even a mild class 4 one like bupropion is going to seem better then Strattera :)

Kaori1215
12-15-16, 11:32 PM
I was just diagnosed after 58 years and my life totally unmanageable. My doctor first prescribed straterra and I took it for two days and was so sick and my joints hurt really bad felt like I was 100 yo. My doctor prescribed the vyvance today starting at a low dose and we will see how it goes. I feel pretty good today which gives me hope! At least I know now what is wrong with me and I can now go forward.

sarahsweets
12-16-16, 04:27 AM
I just started taking Vyvanse today and it was pretty strong. I remember having about three days of adjustment with Strattera before I felt like myself. Does anyone have experience with Vyvanse who can tell me how long before I start feeling normal. It lasted for about 10 hours today. 10 hours of what felt like tweeking. Hoping that I will adjust in a couple of days; don't want to be acting strangely when I go back to work.
What is your dose and what do you mean by "strong"?