View Full Version : Paranoia anyone?

jkimbo
12-11-16, 04:43 PM
Do you ever get paranoid at work or home or anywhere and think people are judging you or talking about you? I am convinced people either think I'm slow, or crazy. Well I guess 1 out of 2 ain't bad but I think you know what I mean.

stef
12-11-16, 04:59 PM
at work; but i care much less what colleagues may think of me and i know for a fact, i can do certain things faster than a lot of people;

My boss is insanely perfectionist with a nasty temper ( although also many fine qualities), and so well, i just stopped being terrified. it was making me blind and tripling mistakes.

This happened on December 6th, I was going to write about this.
sorry for hijacking this thread.

jkimbo
12-11-16, 05:18 PM
I wish I could say I don't care, but since it upsets me and gets me angry I must care at some level.

psychopathetic
12-11-16, 05:43 PM
Omg absolutely...this has been a MAJOR struggle for me since at least high school.

It's not so bad right now in my life...but dang, that's because I'm able to hide away from the world so well atm...but even now it flairs up from time to time.

At its worst I can't even leave my apartment. I've had panic attacks in the middle of stores. Have quit jobs over it.

psychopathetic
12-11-16, 05:51 PM
My boss is insanely perfectionist with a nasty temper ( although also many fine qualities), and so well, i just stopped being terrified. it was making me blind and tripling mistakes.

You should write more about this (HA! I say that as if you have the time! lol) if you think it would help?

My last boss at the lovely nursing home was this way. I'd sometimes do the stupidest mistakes and I think it was just because I was so anxious that...yeah...it made me blind.
I wonder if I'd ever have found the strength to stop being so anxious around him.

You rock to have found that strength.
Sucks he's got to be such a hard a** though :(.

(((Stefs)))

jkimbo
12-11-16, 06:11 PM
It's funny but I just realized that some times I really do not care, that's the bipolar in me. I remember training for this one job a few years ago. The person training me had just quit smoking a month before I came. She started smoking while training me lol She would listen to my calls and she came over after one of my calls and looked like I just nuked Rode Island! She called me over to her desk and corrected what she felt was wrong on my call and then happen to mention she still did not get the results from my drug test. I told her, don't worry, I quit heroin 2 months ago. She looked at me with a poker face and said, well I don't blame you, that **** can get expensive. That was the first time I realized she actually did have a sense of humor. But everyone blamed me for her starting to smoke again lol.

Little Missy
12-11-16, 06:28 PM
Paranoia seems so paranoid. I don't believe I am paranoid.

I am extremely hyper-vigilant.

peripatetic
12-15-16, 01:13 AM
from my perspective: no, i'm not "paranoid" and would be outraged at the suggestion.

from mental health workers' perspective: i have serious issues with persecutory "delusions" and my acting on them gets me into trouble.

actually, that last bit about things getting me into trouble i would agree with...that's just a fact.

my concerns aren't so much about people, like, flesh and blood people, plotting against me and i'm not employed, so the work portion and so forth doesn't really apply to me. i have larger concerns about people trying to mind control me and/or experiment on me though and i'm not always sure who's in on it...however, come to think on it, I'm usually pretty convinced i know exactly what's what. it tends to damage my relationships, unfortunately.