View Full Version : Stuck about which person to give which Christmas present - suggestions welcome

midnightstar
12-12-16, 02:37 PM
Okay so I bought two bracelet things and I can't decide which one to give to my workmate and which one to give to my mum :o

This one has got all different stones on it:

https://s30.postimg.org/kb73yh8lp/DSCN0486.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/kb73yh8lp/)

(and is really pretty) :o

This one has two types of stone on it:

https://s30.postimg.org/o8udnvvf1/DSCN0487.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/o8udnvvf1/)

Local person made them and said it's got emeralds and quartz on it, Mum's seen both of them and prefers the first one (she saw them ages ago but will likely have forgotten about them both by now)

Both were about the same price if I remember right (maybe a couple of leeway cause I can't remember the exact prices of them now)

Would it be bad to give my workmate the one that my mum doesn't prefer? :o (ie the one with emerald and quartz on it) or would it be better to give my workmate the one that Mum prefers? Or would my workmate feel bad about accepting either of them? :o

Thoughts needed please before next week when I'm taking the presents into work for her (got some stuff for her kids as well that she knows she'll have to wrap up from Santa) :o

(this is the workmate who had a fire earlier in the year and lost a huge amount of stuff and we all rallied round at work to help her get sorted with new stuff or second hand stuff she could use)

:o

Lunacie
12-12-16, 03:41 PM
Your workmate won't have any idea that there are two bracelets and your mom
likes one better ... unless you tell her.

If she could choose between them there's a 50/50 chance she'd choose either one.
Most people don't get to a choice like that when they're given a present. ;)

I think she'd be pleased just to get a present from you.

midnightstar
12-12-16, 04:03 PM
Emeralds are supposedly more expensive than the other stones, would this make my mate from work feel bad about accepting that one as a christmas present though? :o

Or am I doing my usual trick of overthinking christmas presents? :o

Lunacie
12-12-16, 04:21 PM
Emeralds are supposedly more expensive than the other stones, would this make my mate from work feel bad about accepting that one as a christmas present though? :o

Or am I doing my usual trick of overthinking christmas presents? :o

Not unless you tell her that you had two bracelets and gave her the cheaper one.

Why would you do that?

And even if you did, doesn't your own mother deserve the nicest present?

Especially if it's the one she likes best?

Yes, you are overthinking this. :doh: You're going to make yourself grumpy. :mad:

And you know that cats can sense what you're feeling so Ebony and Tigger will
be grumpy too. :eyebrow:

midnightstar
12-12-16, 04:41 PM
Not unless you tell her that you had two bracelets and gave her the cheaper one.

Why would you do that?

And even if you did, doesn't your own mother deserve the nicest present?

Especially if it's the one she likes best?

Yes, you are overthinking this. :doh: You're going to make yourself grumpy. :mad:

And you know that cats can sense what you're feeling so Ebony and Tigger will
be grumpy too. :eyebrow:

I meant I'd be giving her the slightly more expensive one cause my mum preferred the cheaper one :o

And I got the giggles now cause next door are doing some drilling and it sounds like the drill is farting (when they're drilling it's muffled so it sounds like big farts) :giggle:

Lunacie
12-12-16, 05:12 PM
I meant I'd be giving her the slightly more expensive one cause my mum preferred the cheaper one :o

And I got the giggles now cause next door are doing some drilling and it sounds like the drill is farting (when they're drilling it's muffled so it sounds like big farts) :giggle:

:lol:

But you're giving your mom the one she liked best.
That should make her happy.

Your coworker is getting a very nice gift.
That should make her happy.

Or if you can afford it, buy the coworker something else
and give both bracelets to your mom.

Fuzzy12
12-12-16, 06:46 PM
You did they are almost the dame price so it foesnt matter if your workmate gets the slightly more expensive one.

I'd say definitely give your mom the one that she's expressed a preference for. You already know that she's going to like thst one.

Your workmate will be happy thst you are giving her a bracelet and emerald and quartz sounds lovely. So both will be happy!!

ginniebean
12-12-16, 07:03 PM
Give mum the one she liked.