View Full Version : Childhood fears

midnightstar
12-13-16, 05:22 PM
What sort of things were you all scared of when you were kids?

The two dreams I had most often that I remember are one of them was the house catching fire and me dying in the dream-house-fire, the other dream I used to have a lot as a little kid was of Thomas the tank engine coming up the stairs to "get" me :o

Fuzzy12
12-13-16, 05:28 PM
Zombies monsters etc... creatures of the dark :rolleyes:

kittens9595
12-13-16, 05:42 PM
I was scared of clowns at some point. Also, ever since I had heard that my parents had a burglar in their house before I was even born, I was so scared of burglars. In the dark, I would think one of them would come to my room.

ginniebean
12-13-16, 05:57 PM
The Dark.

Jeftheginger
12-13-16, 07:54 PM
I was afraid of and still am of things around my neck. I chatted turtlenecks and scarves. I would have panic attacks.

psychopathetic
12-13-16, 09:26 PM
Dentist, needles and home robery/invasion

TygerSan
12-14-16, 04:12 PM
Dogs and elevators.

Elevators was a full on phobia.

Little Missy
12-14-16, 04:16 PM
That I would miss watching Fury Saturday mornings.

stef
12-14-16, 05:05 PM
apparently, i was afraid of dandelions when i was 2 :giggle:
otherwise, dogs, and " the house being on fire " (because of fire drills at school)

Smokey405
12-14-16, 09:20 PM
Some friends and I thought quicksand was going to be a much bigger problem/fear than it really is.

psychopathetic
12-15-16, 12:35 AM
Some friends and I thought quicksand was going to be a much bigger problem/fear than it really is.

rofl :lol:
This was great haha :goodpost:

peripatetic
12-15-16, 12:41 AM
1. nuclear warfare and, specifically, being forced to live through it and afterwards. (i was a child in the 80's);

2. this isn't confined to childhood, but started in childhood: being asleep or heavily sedated when i die;

3. rattlesnakes.

Fuzzy12
12-15-16, 01:39 AM
That the sun would turn into a black hole and gobble us up. :scratch:

Greyhound1
12-15-16, 01:44 AM
2. being asleep or heavily sedated when i die.
That's the way I hope, I die. I will be glad to skip the fear of being coherent and aware of when I'm dying.

Unmanagable
12-15-16, 01:47 AM
The dark (still have my moments with that).

Snakes (would dream I was falling into a pit of them).

Being abandoned (would dream mom left me in a grocery cart and pushed me away).

The painting of a girl and three cats that was in our attic. Every time I'd hear a strange noise up there, dad would say it was that girl gathering the cats. I guess I thought of her as a ghost and was freaked out by it.

Inebriated adults (although I eventually became one for a while).

(now I have that "Black Hole Sun" tune in my head, fuzzy.....lol....hadn't heard it for a while)

peripatetic
12-15-16, 02:08 AM
That's the way I hope, I die. I will be glad to skip the fear of being coherent and aware of when I'm dying.

in my experience, when sharing that fear of mine, i would say you are defo in the majority and i'm in a very small minority on this one. very small.

psychopathetic
12-15-16, 02:37 AM
The whole idea of death is terrifying. I have to force myself to not think about it or it very quickly become overwhelming and takes me to very dark moods.

Greyhound1
12-15-16, 03:41 AM
I really wasn't scared of anything particularly when I was young other than my parents. My father could scare the crap out of me when he was mad.

I am much more fearful of things now the older I get. I was fearless as a kid and now deciding what to have for lunch can give me anxiety.

stef
12-15-16, 04:27 AM
Oh also: amusement park rides
I was practically forced on to a rollercoaster at 11 or 12, and I really thought, I was going to die.
(it was one of those older ones)