View Full Version : can my Dr. write me another prescription??

lebria22
12-14-16, 01:25 PM
Hi, I am a new member and I find everyones experience very helpful! When I picked up my add. Prescription the other day I didn't realize it wasn't my usual brand until I left pharmacy. If my Dr. Is willing can she give me another prescription since these I got from corepharma are like taking nothing? And will I have to pay out of pocket or what can we do so that my insurance pays for it?? I'm pretty much gonna be stuck going through withdrawals this month If not. Will the pharmacy do anything about it? I'm just so frustrated because I've been going out of my way to make sure I get the brand of adderal that works for me and I guess once again CVS has switched up! Thanks

namazu
12-14-16, 03:04 PM
It's unlikely that you could get another prescription and fill it this month. I don't know what the regulations are in NC, but in addition to insurance requirements, you may run into problems if it appears that you're trying to get too many pills of a controlled substance in a short period of time -- even if you have prefectly legitimate reasons. The pharmacy probably won't take your first bottle back -- by law, they often can't.

In the future, have your doctor write "Corepharma generic only" on the script so that you don't get other brands. But be aware that the pahrmacy may only have a single generic on hand at any given time, and if your local CVS doesn't carry it now, you might have to look elsewhere (if they won't/can't order it for you).

sarahsweets
12-17-16, 10:22 PM
I had a brand issue once with sh*tty ACTAIVIS. I took it for three days, made an appt with my doc, gave her the rest of the pills and got a new script. I had her call the pharmacy to tell them it was ok for me to refill the same type of medication. I had to pay out of pocket though.