View Full Version : About to get fired from customer service & sales job

Jenn1202
12-14-16, 02:00 PM
They've been training me for over a week and I don't seem to get the hang of things. I'm failing to take notes and constantly need my boss's help. I can't remember anything they want me to do and how to do it. I need too much help and can't keep up. My notes are messy and my boss doesn't like it. I do everything so slowly that my boss sent me home mid shift today. Also, I can't work longer than 6 hours because then I get hyper and completely lose focus but sometimes my boss wants me to stay longer. They haven't fired me yet, but given everything that happened today I think they will… Soon… Very soon. Am I just dumb or is this all ADD-related?

I'm thinking of quitting this job before they fire me because I don't think things are working out and I don't want to waste my employer's time and money. Should I quit or should I wait till I get fired?

Honestly I feel like I'm never going to be able to find a job that I can actually do. This is my second time getting fired over the past 4 months (and I was unemployed for 2 months). I've been working there for less than a month! I'm currently unmedicated due to medical reasons and I don't know if I'm ever going to be able to get back on meds. I can do really well on ADD medication but my body can't tolerate them :(. I tried taking a low dose but I was still struggling to get things done and I was still getting side effects. Should I go on disability?

stef
12-14-16, 05:38 PM
It's quite ok, to quit a job that just doesnt suit you :grouphug:
it doesnt mesh with whatever symptoms you may have, you'll find something better fo you