View Full Version : Starting Ritalin today...

Johnny Slick
12-15-16, 06:38 AM
...and honestly I'm a bit freaked. My friend took it in middle school but said it turned him into a "robot". I know that's the cliche but it still worries me. Worse, what if it doesn't really do anything but make me *more* hyper and it turns out I'm not ADHD at all but just kind of a dick? Guhhhhh.

sarahsweets
12-15-16, 07:43 AM
Whatever you do, ignore sensationalized "ritalin reports" from the internet- especially the words ritalin+ death. Nothing but crap. The robot thing can happen when its the wrong med or too high a dose. Plus there was a boom of the so-called 'ritalin kids' in the 90's when imo doctors were not as knowledgable about things as they are now.

Johnny Slick
12-15-16, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I didn't even see the "Ritalin death" stuff. I did hear about the "robot" thing, which is half of why I was a bit freaked out over it (okay, maybe 20%; my real fear was that it would just make me speedy and high and it would turn out that no, I don't skip my turn and blurt out answers and interrupt people because of ADHD, I do it because I'm a *******).

So far I just feel... calm. Like, I even haven't been getting a lot of sleep lately and think I might take a nap in a couple of hours after we have our daily meeting (I'm working from home and have all my work done). Weird effect to get from a stimulant I know. On the other hand, I also have a load of laundry running that I've been putting off for a good 3 weeks now, and I went in and checked in all my work first thing after logging in (usually I screw around for a couple hours before remembering to do that stuff) so that's a thing, I guess.