View Full Version : struggling

Valleyview
12-17-16, 03:04 AM
I started on 10mg xr ritalin twice a day. it was amazing, was not enough to get me through the day and the crashes were horrible. i told the dr that some days i would have to have a 3rd or 4th tablet Some days i would forget to have my tablet but i could still remember and pick up a bit of brain power.

Other then the crashes and forgetting Xr ritalin was fine!

The dr put me on the Ritalin LA 30mg once a day. This has been horrible. I will have about half an hour of rushing clarity and then im in the twilight zone, i am neither 'crashed out' or clear. i really feel like im just a zombie.

I will have to go back on Monday and see what she says. Because i cant keep doing this! I had 2 tablets today and yesterday and it was nothing, same feeling and then zombie.

what would be some options? My dr does not fill me with confidence, but she is the only one in my town who prescribes to adhd people!

Should i try Dex or just go back to the xr Ritalin? I am happy to go back to the XR R but i dont know if there would be something better? im in australia

sarahsweets
12-17-16, 05:26 AM
Personally, if I was having those kind of issues with ritalin I would try dex. Its a different class of drugs and it might work well for you

C15H25N3O
12-19-16, 07:52 PM
The dr put me on the Ritalin LA 30mg once a day. This has been horrible. I will have about half an hour of rushing clarity and then im in the twilight zone, i am neither 'crashed out' or clear. i really feel like im just a zombie.

... sounds like a too high dosage. Switching to zombie mode after half an hour looks like another release of MPH or the MPH blood plasma level increases to much.

I still dont understand why docs believe a multi-releasing med would release the right dosage at the right time.

I would ask the doc to go back to XR as it was fine and claim to try out amphetamines as another option.

Amphetamines are a good alternative if ritalin makes to heavy side-effects like rebounds, zombie-like depressive or ritlains convergence does not fit ones personality.

Little Nut
12-20-16, 01:29 PM
---SNIP---
I still dont understand why docs believe a multi-releasing med would release the right dosage at the right time.
---SNIP---

I can't agree more. If the pill's/tab's release time is close enough to YOUR REQUIRED release timing...great. If you are one of the 80% or so people that it doesn't.....