View Full Version : Is Mallinkroft the same as Zenzedi?

an0nadd
12-17-16, 11:51 AM
Zenzedi has been by far the best medication I have tried, and I have tried the ALL.

I have been reading here that Mallinkroft generic dexedrine is the exact same thing as Zenzedi, is this true?

I am perscribed 30mg zenzedi 2x per day, I would prefer to take 3x 20mg but the way the Zenzedi coupon program works I can only get 60 pills or else the price goes crazy.

From what I've been reading Mallinkroft generic dex is the generic brand of Arbor's Zenzedi?

And is available in 20mg tablets?

AddAnxiousMe
12-17-16, 05:12 PM
Dexedrine was the first brand name for dextroamphetamine. It has been off patent for years and several generic companies now make it in both immediate release and extended release. All generics are supposed to be identical to the original drug, but some people complain that some brands don't work as well as others. I have only been on the Mallinckrodt generic (started about 4 months ago) and it seems to work fine for me. But I have nothing else to compare it to. Different generics can have different fillers and additives that can cause allergies in some people, but it's supposed to be rare.
But yes, the Mallinckrodt brand of dextroamphetamine is the same as the Zenzedi brand.

an0nadd
12-18-16, 09:24 AM
Ok, but Mallinkroft does not make a 20mg IR dex tablet right? Only 5 and 10mg ?

Jenn1202
12-18-16, 10:52 AM
I agree, Zenzedi has also beed the best Dex medication I've tried so far, but Mallinckrodt isn nothing like Zenzedi. I've tried both Zenzedi and Mallinckrodt and they're most certainly not the same! Mallinckrodt was less consistent and it gave me more side effects than Zenzedi.

Since Mallinckrodt is significantly cheaper, you could try it. Everyone's different. The fact that it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for you. There's no harm in trying it right?

Jenn1202
12-18-16, 10:55 AM
I am perscribed 30mg zenzedi 2x per day, I would prefer to take 3x 20mg but the way the Zenzedi coupon program works I can only get 60 pills or else the price goes crazy.

From what I've been reading Mallinkroft generic dex is the generic brand of Arbor's Zenzedi?

And is available in 20mg tablets?

You could use a pill cutter to cut the tablets in half and take 4X15mg. Also, I've heard that 10 mg Zenzedi pills are relatively cheap and they DO EXIST. You probably want to call your pharmacy and check how much they cost before you get a prescription, but if it's true you could take 2X10 mg 3 times a day.

Little Missy
12-18-16, 11:05 AM
Trying to cut 10 mg Zenzedi in half with a pill cutter was like trying to cut a BB in half. Rock hard and really small. 90 of them were $380.

Jenn1202
12-18-16, 11:12 AM
I used to cut my 5 mg pills in half. They were pretty small, so it wasn't easy but it was definitely possible. btw what's the Zenzedi coupon program?

Little Missy
12-18-16, 01:01 PM
I don't know, my insurance covered it for $3. I was just throwing out the price that it was in case anyone wondered.

Jenn1202
12-18-16, 05:54 PM
My insurance covered it for $50

Greyhound1
12-18-16, 07:08 PM
Ok, but Mallinkroft does not make a 20mg IR dex tablet right? Only 5 and 10mg ?
That is true along with all the other generic makers. Zenzedi is the only manufacturer I am aware of with IR tablets of Dextroamphetamine Sulfate higher than 10 mgs.

It's a bit confusing but Dexedrine (brand name) only comes in extended release spanuals. They no longer make Dexedrine IR tablets.

The equivalent generic is just called dextroamphetamine IR such as Mallinckrodt's. Had a fiasco after my Doc mistakenly wrote me a script for Dexedrine IR tablets.:doh:

Zenzedi is just a brand name for Dextroamphetamine sulfate just like Dexedrine.

Little Missy
12-18-16, 07:39 PM
It also comes in 2.5

an0nadd
12-19-16, 09:29 AM
The zenzedi coupon program offers a free first fill of up to 60 tablets any strength. And then every fill after that is no more than 55 dollars if you have insurance, which I do not, and it costs me 100 with the coupon. So it's not thathe bad. The coupon program is good for 12 fills.. so one year. It is by far and away the best adhd medication I have tried. Definitely not changing anything! More effective and reliable than vyvanse. And cheaper. The tablets kick in in about 45min, and I get a solid 4-6 hours out of each dose. I would highly recommend it. No sides, and I can sleep at night no prob. Best med for me.

an0nadd
12-19-16, 09:30 AM
Your doctor shold have a coupon, it comes in a pamphlet along with an evekeon coupon on the same card inside the pamphlet.

Little Missy
12-19-16, 11:27 AM
I believe it is the best IR myself.

AddAnxiousMe
12-29-16, 09:00 PM
That is true along with all the other generic makers. Zenzedi is the only manufacturer I am aware of with IR tablets of Dextroamphetamine Sulfate higher than 10 mgs.

It's a bit confusing but Dexedrine (brand name) only comes in extended release spanuals. They no longer make Dexedrine IR tablets.

The equivalent generic is just called dextroamphetamine IR such as Mallinckrodt's. Had a fiasco after my Doc mistakenly wrote me a script for Dexedrine IR tablets.:doh:

Zenzedi is just a brand name for Dextroamphetamine sulfate just like Dexedrine.

When my doctor first prescribed dexedrine IR tablets, the pharmacy filled it twice with amphetamine salts. I just thought that was the drug until I saw in very small print, "dispense for Adderall"! I told my doc and he said he'd been having that problem with other patients. So the third script he wrote, "dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine) IR, DO NOT SUB for Adderall." After that I've been getting the correct medication. And Dexedrine is better than Adderall, IMO. Much less effect on the heart, BP, less anxiety, etc. You have to keep the pharmacists on their toes sometimes; some of them like to just fill whatever they have:rolleyes:.

elite242lbs
01-04-17, 12:42 AM
The zenzedi coupon program offers a free first fill of up to 60 tablets any strength. And then every fill after that is no more than 55 dollars if you have insurance, which I do not, and it costs me 100 with the coupon. So it's not thathe bad. The coupon program is good for 12 fills.. so one year. It is by far and away the best adhd medication I have tried. Definitely not changing anything! More effective and reliable than vyvanse. And cheaper. The tablets kick in in about 45min, and I get a solid 4-6 hours out of each dose. I would highly recommend it. No sides, and I can sleep at night no prob. Best med for me.

I was reading the savings card and it says up to 30 tabs, can you please confirm that you are able to receive your first fill for up to 60 tablets for free on your first fill?