View Full Version : I visited Becca Friday and am going back today. Hope she's home by Christmas.

sarahsweets
12-18-16, 06:08 AM
For the back story on Becca:
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182085

So I have talked with the Therapist, Admissions Therapist and Psyche. The psyche agreed to have her try Lexapro like her sister- she had been put back on Zoloft about 3 weeks ago because she used to take it- but I def think it made things worse.
When her sister Ella was in hospital, she started Lexapro and it was like a miracle- she was able to focus on her treatment once her chemical imbalance was more balanced.
Since it worked on Ella's anxiety and depression, I thought it could help Becca. Hubby saw her Thursday Night and said she was sad and tearful. I saw her on Friday and it was like night and day! She told me how much better she feels, and how she was getting alot out of the groups and interaction with her peers. She told me she feels like the suicidal part was far away- like it wasnt a recent feeling- almost like a different feeling. She is accepting of where she is, and is getting as much as she can out of treatment. It feels like a miracle.
The docs agree that its half chemical and half circumstance with her. She was faking doing well after the BF dumped her- and still having contact with him thinking she still had a chance-but he moved on and has a new GF.

So Im taking my Mom and visiting today. I baked snickerdoodles to bring for her and bought her new socks and fuzzy pants. She wants to come home, but shes not desperate to come home. The average length of stay is 7-10 days. 7 days puts her at this wed. 10 this friday. I think having her miss christmas would do her more harm than good and we would be so sad.

Thanks all for listening and offering help and hope. I feel like even writing this post is helping me to organize my thoughts and perspective.

All comments welcome!
xxxooo

midnightstar
12-18-16, 06:22 AM
You are doing wonderfully for her sarah :grouphug: I truly believe she'll be home for Christmas :grouphug:

Little Missy
12-18-16, 08:57 AM
Coming home for Christmas is definitely a good thing.

ToneTone
12-18-16, 08:48 PM
Wonderful news!!!!!

Tone

peripatetic
12-18-16, 08:52 PM
I'm so happy for you and your family xx

sarahsweets
12-20-16, 06:41 AM
Its amazing when you find a drug that works so well, its like it was meant to be. The same thing happened to my Ella in the hospital. She was put on Lexapro and in three days she was a different person! When I talked with the psyche I mentioned this and he said since it worked well for her sister it would be good to try. What a difference! I know its typical for antidepressants to have to build up but the same thing happened to me with cymbalta in the hospital. In 3 days I felt good!
She is doing wonderful. Shes participating in groups, and learning coping skills and has a few friends. She cant wait to come home. Good news..Wed shes coming home! She will be starting a step down to partial for a couple of weeks. I am so happy. Its like the hardest thing Ive had to do but truly for the best.

These things are the miracles with well treated mental illness. I am so grateful.