View Full Version : No Goals & Zero sense of Accomplishment

Fraser_0762
12-18-16, 06:34 AM
So i'm currently studying towards a diploma in Software Development. But I don't really know why.

I was given one of those forms at college to fill out about what my goals are, what my plans are to achieving those goals and how I feel about stuff.

I couldn't fill any of it out. I don't know how I feel. I don't know why i'm studying this course at college, I don't know what my goals are and don't even get me started on planning. Planning is an alien concept to me, my brain just can't deal with the complexity behind planning.

Some of my subjects require a high degree of planning though. For example, I have this class "project management" and i'm completely hopeless at it. I just don't get it at all. I also hate written assessments that require a lot of reading. I don't seem to get anywhere with those.

The form also asked me what my accomplishments were and I couldn't answer that either. I don't really feel as if i've accomplished anything. Anything i've tried to achieve in my life, i've fallen at the last hurdle and feel like it's going to happen again with this. :(

Little Missy
12-18-16, 08:54 AM
Perhaps your college has a professor that helps a student to plan ahead correctly?

stef
12-18-16, 09:26 AM
hey it's a standard form, probably :)
but to start, ( i mean to help you think about this) - what element do you like about computers or programming or gaming for you to study this?

Fraser_0762
12-18-16, 09:30 AM
Perhaps your college has a professor that helps a student to plan ahead correctly?

I regularly attend student support. They are helping me with my written assessments by scribing for me. But I even lose my concentration when they're reading the questions out to me. I just seem to zone out and their voices become very "distant".

hey it's a standard form, probably :)
but to start, ( i mean to help you think about this) - what element do you like about computers or programming or gaming for you to study this?

I like computers, because I seem to have a natural ability when it comes to using them. I've never needed to apply much effort (if any) when it comes to figuring things out with technology. It just seems to occur naturally.

Because it's the only thing in my life that I don't need to apply much effort towards, it's the only thing I have going for me. Everything else in my life that requires effort I totally suck at.

stef
12-18-16, 11:00 AM
I regularly attend student support. They are helping me with my written assessments by scribing for me. But I even lose my concentration when they're reading the questions out to me. I just seem to zone out and their voices become very "distant".

I like computers, because I seem to have a natural ability when it comes to using them. I've never needed to apply much effort (if any) when it comes to figuring things out with technology. It just seems to occur naturally.

Because it's the only thing in my life that I don't need to apply much effort towards, it's the only thing I have going for me. Everything else in my life that requires effort I totally suck at.

turn this around, write that working with computers has always come naturally to you, etc, it's really the main thing you have going...
seiously its a gift
i mean not everyone can develop software
i can use it but i coulsnt do the slightest thing in development, those are skills i lack