View Full Version : Changing Psychiatrists, Am I in the wrong?

Norvotrop
12-19-16, 05:38 PM
Hey all,
Been on Vyvanse 40mg x 2 since May and was recently switched too 40mg+30mg. I had my exams and I found that the dosage wasn't lasting all day so I took another 30mg later in afternoon during exams. Prior to this my doctor told me once my exams are over to try the 30mg x2 too see if it works and he'd rather have me on the 60mg rather then the 70mg. I also recently started Cipralex for anxiety caused by the Vyvanse and things couldn't have been better. I called my pharmacy since I ran out of the 30mg and they say I couldn't get a refill and they had to ask my psychiatrist about giving me the refill since I would be taking 30mg x 2 which he asked me to do. He then texted me saying he could not do this and I need to meet with him about a protocol change. Am in the wrong here? I feel like im in trouble for asking for the refill and having it denied for a reason I do not no why. I did take an extra 30mg during exam times since I was up for a long time but thats it. Im afraid they thing im doing something else with the medication or something i dont even know at this point.

jkimbo
12-19-16, 05:59 PM
Hey all,
Been on Vyvanse 40mg x 2 since May and was recently switched too 40mg+30mg. I had my exams and I found that the dosage wasn't lasting all day so I took another 30mg later in afternoon during exams. Prior to this my doctor told me once my exams are over to try the 30mg x2 too see if it works and he'd rather have me on the 60mg rather then the 70mg. I also recently started Cipralex for anxiety caused by the Vyvanse and things couldn't have been better. I called my pharmacy since I ran out of the 30mg and they say I couldn't get a refill and they had to ask my psychiatrist about giving me the refill since I would be taking 30mg x 2 which he asked me to do. He then texted me saying he could not do this and I need to meet with him about a protocol change. Am in the wrong here? I feel like im in trouble for asking for the refill and having it denied for a reason I do not no why. I did take an extra 30mg during exam times since I was up for a long time but thats it. Im afraid they thing im doing something else with the medication or something i dont even know at this point.

pdocs are required to actually see the patient prior to any changes in script. There was another member who said they were going to leave a letter with the secretary to give to the doctor for a dosage change request. It doesn't work that way. It's not the pdocs fault they have to abide by strict regulations and guidelines. Your pdoc laid out clear instructions. After your exams were over to do the 2x 30mg. You ran out early because you did more 40mg + 30mg then he asked you too. You ran out early because of that. You can not blame your pdoc for this. Now you have to wait it out until you see him next.

ginniebean
12-19-16, 06:02 PM
Don't tell your pdoc about taking extra the one time. it's your doc's mistake that he asked you to change the protocol, he probably forgot that he can't do that.

Go in, discuss the problem with him and I'm sure things will be fine

sarahsweets
12-20-16, 06:35 AM
Did you take extra all through the exams or just one time?