View Full Version : Job interviews thread

EuropeanADHD
12-20-16, 12:25 PM
Should we have one thread to talk about job interviews and share our recent experiences? Something similar to the "I Have a New Job" Thread above.

I start. I had an interview a few days ago. It was going great till the guy wanted to do some brain teasers/ case studies or what it was. I'm normally good at such things but I was tired this time and the guy kept looking at every calculation I made, which was strange. I made some most basic errors when counting... Like, really, really basic. His reaction made it clear for me I wouldn't get the job.

Today on ritalin, a completely different exprience. It went so much better. Still not sure whether they would want me though. I want to find something soon :(

Fraser_0762
12-20-16, 12:34 PM
It's important to understand that its ok to feel nervous in an interview setting. If you make a mistake in any of your responses. Simply apologize and explain that you're just a little nervous. Employers are generally very forgiving. A lot of the time, they feel just as nervous.

If you need to pause before you give a response to a brain teaser, that's ok as well. The employer would much rather you took your time to work it our properly, rather than trying to give them a response as quickly as possible.

When they do these sorts of tests. It's not really the answer they're interested in. It's your emotional response to the situation that they're analyzing.

EuropeanADHD
12-20-16, 12:40 PM
It's important to understand that its ok to feel nervous in an interview setting. If you make a mistake in any of your responses. Simply apologize and explain that you're just a little nervous. Employers are generally very forgiving. A lot of the time, they feel just as nervous.

If you need to pause before you give a response to a brain teaser, that's ok as well. The employer would much rather you took your time to work it our properly, rather than trying to give them a response as quickly as possible.

When they do these sorts of tests. It's not really the answer they're interested in. It's your emotional response to the situation that they're analyzing.

Frazer, thanks, but I'm not looking for this type of advice - hope you don't take this the wrong way... I actually explained him I was nervous - although it was more tiredness - but no, employers in my field aren't forgiving at all. They also have hundreds of applications for every vacancy, so I guess, they don't need to be. I didn't want the job, it was more a training interview so: no drama. The one today was super important.

Not to mention that brain teasers don't predict anything, science says: http://www.inc.com/adam-vaccaro/25-crazy-interview-questions.html