View Full Version : Memory problems on Wellbutrin

jgold102
12-24-16, 08:45 PM
I recently went through the whole testing process and was found to have ADHD, Anxiety, and Depression. I found a psychiatrist and went in but because of my anxiety he didn't want to give me a prescription for stimulants. He gave me an Rx for Wellbutrin 150mg XL (generic) which I have been taking for 5 days. The first day was great, some anger but I felt really energetic and good. The subsequent days have been a slow decline.

My main side effect is being tired/slow, I can't fall asleep at night so I dont get good sleep but even when I do manage to sleep for a long time I wake up and am just in a fog the whole day. As soon as I take it the fog begins and it only lifts in the late evening as it begins to wear off. I have no motivation, I can barely get out of bed to do anything (which is sort of how my depression manifests but usually I had a least a little anxiety to keep me motivated). Unmedicated I always had energy to clean or tidy, I'm staring at my floor and it looks like a bomb went off in here but I have no energy or interest in starting to pick it up.

Its okay in terms of anxiety but basically just killed any of my moods so I feel like I'm permanently gray.
The biggest problem is I can't read or remember anything. I forgot how to put tights on yesterday I was just staring at them. I got lost in a store I've been to a thousand times. I know I have a todo list I just have no interest in looking at it. I forget what I'm saying in the middle of sentance. It feels like someone turned the knob up to 100 on my ADHD. Everyone has said that side effects go away after two weeks but is this fog going to go away and start helping me? I have a term paper due in two weeks and there's no way I can write it if I can't even read through someones status on facebook.

Has anyone else had bad effects on Wellbutrin and when did they go away/what did you do to actually be a human!?

finallyfound10
12-24-16, 10:47 PM
This freaks me out since I'll be starting on Wellbutrin very soon!! I know that everyone is different but.......

jgold102
12-25-16, 12:41 AM
Since writing this post I've slipped out of the fog and into a much more managable state. It seems like I am foggy for 3ish hours after taking it and then I adjust.

A lot of people on here really like wellbutrin and it works for them. I'm going to try and get the brand name and see if its better for me. Don't stress! Everyone's body chemistry is different.

My biggest advice is to use the productivity you get on the first day to get **** done because you might struggle a bit your first week.

Anyone else figured out how to make Wellbutrin work for them?

sarahsweets
12-27-16, 07:17 AM
I recently went through the whole testing process and was found to have ADHD, Anxiety, and Depression. I found a psychiatrist and went in but because of my anxiety he didn't want to give me a prescription for stimulants. He gave me an Rx for Wellbutrin 150mg XL (generic) which I have been taking for 5 days. The first day was great, some anger but I felt really energetic and good. The subsequent days have been a slow decline.
I cant stand when I hear of doctors who think like this. If the brain of an adhd person is different chemically, then stimulants work differently. This means that many times where they would give a normal person anxiety, they actually relieve it for people like us.