View Full Version : Rediagnosed with Adult Adhd (meth or dex)?

caedmon
12-25-16, 01:46 AM
When I was in the second grade, I was diagnosed with add. I went on with life and "forgot" i hat it. I skimmed highschool with avg 3.0. I went on to college and very good gpa and I will be transferring(hopefully) to UCLA in neuroscience next fall. I got a 4.0 in calcII chem bio and anatomy and phys. I was also an english tutor for a semester at my comm college so I feel scholastically capable.
BUT I had to quit my job after 4 months due to an inability to develop the proper multitasking skills as well as an inability to divide attention and maintain a mental index of necessary tasks. I lost **** all the time, and felt like I was holding the whole crew back. I felt horrible! This plus my social anxiety had thrown me over the edge. I went and grabbed a prescription to vyvanse 30mg and got diagnosed with adult ADD. Im also taking wellbutrin 200mg a day. The vyvanse does nothing for me-I don't feel more concentrated excited, conserved, mentally clear ect.... except for one major side effect I feel stems from the wellbutrin which is anxiety. Should I up my dose, or grab desoxyn (mephanphetamine) instead? I hear desoxyn combats anxiety and add.

TruDovah
12-25-16, 02:51 AM
That is absolutely something you want to speak with your doc about, always when adjusting meds.
How did you go about getting diagnosed with Adult ADHD? Did you go to your doctor seeking the medication, or did you go seeking advise and help with your attention issues? This really does matter, as the doc could have prescribed you the vyvanse when you needed something different, perhaps one of the non-stimulant meds.

caedmon
12-25-16, 04:05 AM
I went after I realized I had a problem with divided attention. I also have SA which I believe is due to ADD.

Pilgrim
12-25-16, 08:53 AM
30 mg of Vyvanse is not necessarily high. Why also take Wellbutrin, ' just asking ?'

Yeah, good doc here is a must

I prefer Dex, but that's just me

Social Anxiety, maybe , probably. It's common with ADD

These medications will aid but hopefully not to many side effects

sarahsweets
12-27-16, 07:23 AM
. I went and grabbed a prescription to vyvanse 30mg and got diagnosed with adult ADD. Im also taking wellbutrin 200mg a day. The vyvanse does nothing for me-I don't feel more concentrated excited, conserved, mentally clear ect.... except for one major side effect I feel stems from the wellbutrin which is anxiety. Should I up my dose, or grab desoxyn (mephanphetamine) instead? I hear desoxyn combats anxiety and add.
Does this mean you got vyvanse before you were diagnosed?