View Full Version : Seeing Old Friend - Happy to See Him But Then Feel Depressed

nick22
12-27-16, 04:29 PM
I've recently run into my old best friend a few times. We lived next door to each other growing up, and we used to spend a lot of time together. Unfortunately, we grew apart and lost contact after high school/college. I've enjoyed talking to him, but for some reason, I get so depressed afterward. I'm not sure why it's happening. I think it has to do with how disappointed I am with my life. He just bought a house and seems to be doing very well. I guess that I'm comparing myself to him, and that makes me sad. I think the other issue is that I feel rejected in some way. I was hoping that he'd show some interest in being friends again, but that hasn't happened. I'm sure that he's very busy and that he just doesn't have time. It's just so strange to me how I enjoy catching up, and then later on, I feel horrible. Can anyone else relate?

someothertime
12-28-16, 02:56 AM
I can relate bigtime. Many of us find adult life repressing.

sarahsweets
12-28-16, 03:35 AM
I relate.I reconnected with a childhood friend a few years back.We had dinner a few times and stuff but it just fell apart. I was a little miffed knowing she was still friends with other people we went to high school with but it just wasnt the same. Its for the best though because I dont think we would have been super close now anyway.

acdc01
12-28-16, 11:07 AM
Yes. I wanted to be friends again too. Why even get together at all again after so many years if you don't want to be friends again? They lived far away so that could have contributed to it but still.

Hate wanting someone more than they want you.