View Full Version : Coping in a call center

XenithRai
12-28-16, 04:58 AM
I have worked at an inbound call center for a little over a year now and it was great for a while. Very few upset people calling in, relaxed atmosphere (strict on what we can bring to out desks, but callers/management pretty cool), overall not a bad place. Great pay and decent benefits to tag along. For the last couple of months though, I just can't put up with it even though I know it's not bad.
The company we service for is brand new to the company I work for and I was the second group to start it. Now, I feel like I've peaked for knowledge and am one of the best people on the floor in my office and it just bores me.
There's a position to become a Team lead (supervisor) opening up soon that I'm gonna try for, but in the meantime... Any ideas on how to get back to not just hating the job?
I've got a bunch of different rubix cubes I play around with all day, usually have a game of rummy going, and talk with my co-workers all day, but I just can't stand the actual job anymore.

EuropeanADHD
12-29-16, 12:39 PM
I wish I knew a solution to the problem of boredom and being underwhelmed too.

All I can say is that you have my sincere admiration for coping with the job for so long. I would get crazy on my second day at the latest.

Little Missy
12-29-16, 01:49 PM
oh man, I have a lot of admiration or you.

I'd gouge out my eyeballs with my thumbs and disembowel myself with a bonsai sword all over he carpeting if I had to do it. :)

Postulate
01-29-17, 06:51 PM
After you wake up from a night's sleep, do you feel refreshed and like you're part of something else that's about to start or are you in the same mind-state as when you went to bed. Do you tend to relate a lot during the day to things that happened the day before? It might be a medication issue according to me, when my dose was too low I was under the impression that everything "is the same old thing" and no matter what I did it felt like doing it all over again.