View Full Version : Dont want to keep fighting

emmaugoh
01-01-17, 03:52 AM
I thank God i am able to reach this stage in my life. I am able to reach a moment in life where i knew my problem isn't spiritual like people always believed, instead is just a defect or rather difference like most here call it.

My name is Emmanuel, 26yrs and i come from a third world country Nigeria where cases of ADHD of its worst form is under reported and attributed as spiritual problem. I have lived different facet in my life where i was being shouted at, arrested, chased away from home, neglected and being punished because everybody thinks there is something wrong with me and its spiritual.
Just this last month, that i came online to explain to friends what have been passing through the last conscious 16yrs of my life and i was able to get someone who told me i might be suffering from ADHD, the worse of it kind.. inattentive.

Sometimes when am going out, i do see my self as a ghost because i hardly take notice of my environment cause am just a body moving but the spirit its elsewhere. I hardly make friend cause i get bored easily during conversation and that tends to make my mood change and then i start to hide my face .
I am yet to complete my school because i think the two years i have gone through it was hard for me ( Dont want to keep wasting money).

I seriously need to be on med now and i have no money to get even one that can last a week. My life is so ****ed up and if i dont do anything, i might repeat same statement in year 36. Dont know want to keep typing
I just need this drugs or else i might do something realy bad to my self.

sarahsweets
01-01-17, 10:03 AM
You need to see a doctor asap whether its adhd or not. Being afraid of hurting yourself is a red flag.

Little Missy
01-01-17, 05:55 PM
Time to move. :)

peripatetic
01-01-17, 08:07 PM
welcome to the forums!

i spent several years living in cameroun and surrounding countries. it's good to have you here. i recognize that your mental health concerns are going to be difficult to address where you live, but you said lagos, so there must be someone you could see...do you have the money for care?

Fuzzy12
01-01-17, 08:26 PM
Is seeing a psychiatrist am option? That really is your best bet to get to the bottom of your issues and to get help.

I hope things look up for you soon. I'm sorry the people around you aren't more supportive. It must be very frustrating to be told that all your problems are spiritual when mist likely they are clinical and can be managed with treatment.

emmaugoh
01-02-17, 01:12 PM
welcome to the forums!

i spent several years living in cameroun and surrounding countries. it's good to have you here. i recognize that your mental health concerns are going to be difficult to address where you live, but you said lagos, so there must be someone you could see...do you have the money for care?
yes i Live in lagos just that i dont have money to see psychiatrist doctors at Yaba
or even buy the least of Ritalin i saw online

dvdnvwls
01-02-17, 03:05 PM
ADHD is not a spiritual problem, but living around people who believe that must be difficult.

I guess the reason you don't have money is you're a student.

Do you know anyone who is safe to trust and who doesn't believe that your problem is spiritual?

emmaugoh
01-03-17, 05:13 AM
ADHD is not a spiritual problem, but living around people who believe that must be difficult.

I guess the reason you don't have money is you're a student.

Do you know anyone who is safe to trust and who doesn't believe that your problem is spiritual?

Yes am a student.