View Full Version : I just seen my psychiatrist.

Dave911
01-04-17, 10:31 PM
I got a new script for Dexamphetamine. She also prescribed me Temazepam to use for the first two weeks for sleep. I have sleeping problems when using dex, so having Temaz on hand is awesome. However, I know I can't use these forever, or can't I? Has anyone here used Temaz long term? I'm sure I'll be able to talk my Dr into it. But is it safe? There is no chance in hell I'm ever using Seroquel again for insomnia. I hate that drug and anythings gotta be safer than that long term.

Little Missy
01-04-17, 10:41 PM
Temazepam is great long term. :)

Dave911
01-04-17, 11:31 PM
Temazepam is great long term. :)

Really? :) How do you get your Dr to prescribe it long term? :) Does it have withdrawal symptoms if taken once daily? It has a short half life.

Greyhound1
01-05-17, 01:09 AM
Temazepam (Restoril) is only recommended for short term use.
RESTORIL is a prescription sleep medicine. RESTORIL is used in adults for the short-term (usually 7 to 10 days) treatment of a sleep problem called insomnia. Symptoms of insomnia include trouble falling asleep and waking up often during the night.
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2016/018163s064lbl.pdf

C15H25N3O
01-05-17, 05:28 AM
Temazepam is a Benzodiazipin like all meds ending with ..zepam.
Those meds works great but are highly addictive. I wonder why
you were not prescribed some simple melatonin which helps so
many to sleep with amphetamines.

ADDon1
01-05-17, 05:03 PM
A mild dosage of Trazolan (50mg a day) works great for me to get to sleep and to sleep through. It's and antidepressant but doesn't work as such on such a low dosage. It's not addictive at all as far as I know, Benzo's can be (very) addictive especially on long term use.

Also, have you tried (a high dosage) Melatonine? Works great for my wife to get to sleep.

Lunacie
01-05-17, 10:17 PM
A mild dosage of Trazolan (50mg a day) works great for me to get to sleep and to sleep through. It's and antidepressant but doesn't work as such on such a low dosage. It's not addictive at all as far as I know, Benzo's can be (very) addictive especially on long term use.

Also, have you tried (a high dosage) Melatonine? Works great for my wife to get to sleep.

Do you mean trazadone?

I took a 50 mg dose of that for about 6 months then stopped and found I could
sleep pretty well without it. My autistic granddaughter needs a 100 mg dose to
sleep thru the night, she's 15.