View Full Version : Extremely Tired after Eating

WhatTheFunction
01-07-17, 06:52 PM
I'm currently on 60mg of Vyvanse (moved up from 50mg) and no matter what I eat, what time, I am extremely tired for at least 90 minutes after eating.

If I eat before taking medication: doesn't work as well.

If I eat too much the night before: doesn't work as well.

The trend seems to be that if I'm putting too much food on my stomach (or, any food really) its effects are either highly diminished or non-existent.

Psych doc also suspects that my dosage may be too low. Not to mention, it doesn't last that long for me either and I can only really get about 3 good hours out of it though I can sort of do things later on but not nearly with as much efficacy or precision.

Little Missy
01-07-17, 07:39 PM
There is a guy on here with a name consisting of capitol letters and numbers and he is like the Vyvanse King when it comes to food and dosages. I'm sure he'll be on to help you. :)

Fuzzy12
01-07-17, 09:19 PM
There is a guy on here with a name consisting of capitol letters and numbers and he is like the Vyvanse King when it comes to food and dosages. I'm sure he'll be on to help you. :)

Who?? :eek:

You don't mean avj.... right? I wonder what happened to him :scratch:

Little Missy
01-07-17, 09:25 PM
Who?? :eek:

You don't mean avj.... right? I wonder what happened to him :scratch:

No, CH1-something, I can't remember, oh! He's easy to find on What Are you Eating Right Now

Little Missy
01-07-17, 09:28 PM
C1H25 whatever on What are you eating right now

Fuzzy12
01-08-17, 04:52 AM
C1H25 whatever on What are you eating right now
I know who you mean. Thanks. Sorry for the tangent op. Sometimes I just can't control ny curiosity. Everything seems like a fun quiz. :)

Fraser_0762
01-08-17, 07:02 AM
What kind of foods are you eating? You may have an allergy or intolerance to something that you're not even aware of.

C15H25N3O
01-08-17, 07:05 AM
Vyvanse is simple! Build up effectiveness first than have food.

You might avoid food for 3-6h after Vyvanses intake for a while to
build up a strong metabolizm on your livers enzym P450 CYP2D6.

Try it! If you like Vyvanses effect without food its worth working on
it. If not ask your doc for some simple to metabolize dexedrine.

It took me two months experiencing sleepiness with 30-40mg to find
out the food thing but once I got used to it I also get 5-10mg working
on my system.

Any food works with Vyvanse but better less and healthy.

WhatTheFunction
01-18-17, 12:16 AM
What kind of foods are you eating? You may have an allergy or intolerance to something that you're not even aware of.

I have naturally pretty bad food allergies so my diet is rather restrictive:

No dairy
No nuts
No soy
No wheat
No gluten
No rye/yeast/barely
No banana, raspberry, watermelon
No celery
No fish
No red meat

For breakfast I'll eat a green apple with 2tbsp peanut butter and b-vitamin.

Lunch will be pan-fried vegetables with chicken or turkey (if I'm up for it because lately I can't eat meat without feeling sick), sweet potato, avocado, broccoli, peppers.

Dinner will be rice and beans with avocado, or maybe some rice Chex cereal (with flax milk). Take an Omega-3 supp and vitamin D3.

I also eat oatmeal (with flax and blueberries) randomly.

I went to the doctor today to get tested to see if I'm deficient in anything or have diabetes (family history). Doc believes I may be depressed.

I can't know for sure whether or not it's Vyvanse but something happened last week. I went to Psych Doc to say Vyvanse 60mg not strong enough and was prescribed Dex Sulfate 10mg. I started taking that on top of Vyvanse when I first wake up in the morning as opposed to waking up 2 hours early to take Vyvanse when I didn't have to be anywhere until 9:30 and I haven't had as much as the same issue. However, I deliberately don't eat heavier meals in the day time because of this although I lightly snack throughout the day.

WhatTheFunction
01-18-17, 12:21 AM
Vyvanse is simple! Build up effectiveness first than have food.

You might avoid food for 3-6h after Vyvanses intake for a while to
build up a strong metabolizm on your livers enzym P450 CYP2D6.

Try it! If you like Vyvanses effect without food its worth working on
it. If not ask your doc for some simple to metabolize dexedrine.

It took me two months experiencing sleepiness with 30-40mg to find
out the food thing but once I got used to it I also get 5-10mg working
on my system.

Any food works with Vyvanse but better less and healthy.

Thank you for advice. I'm going to do this since I do like Vyvanse and want to stick with it.

C15H25N3O
01-18-17, 05:26 AM
Do you supplement magnesium? You should.

LMS2015
02-02-17, 09:21 PM
I have the EXACT same issues as you. I can't eat for at least 2 hours (3 is better) before I take vyvanse or it won't work. And I can't eat at all while I am on it or I get a rapid heart beat, followed by exhaustion and vyvanse no longer working. It also only works about 3-4 hours for me while I am on it. So basically I wake up at 6am...and give myself until 8am to eat or drink anything. (I can also only drink water or decaf coffee while I am on it). Then I wait until 11am to take it...kicks in about 11:45 - 12 and I will sometimes take a second dose at 3. I don't eat until about 9 at night and I can only take a few bites because it will cause my heart to speed up like crazy if I eat a normal meal. Sucks....but my Dr swears vyvanse is the best =/

aeon
02-02-17, 10:45 PM
(to me) Vyvanse sucks. :D

Get ye some Dexedrine, and know how dextroamphetamine is supposed to work. ;)

Cheers,
Ian