View Full Version : hi i'm new and need your words

bajick
01-08-17, 04:58 PM
i'm a 28 year old female who has always struggled with boredom, fatigue, restlessness, impatience, wrapping things up, starting tasks, and i didn't even think these were (perhaps) indicators of ADHD until this year. i am now in the process of being assessed by a psychologist (because of how my university works, i can't go straight to a psychiatrist) and i'm feeling so lost and anxious. i'm wondering if you could give me some words of encouragement or advice during my diagnosis process. as i'm sure most of you have felt, i'm really scared that they are going to say that i don't have ADHD at all and that i've just anxiety and trouble with organization and perhaps that i'm just lazy.

i don't want to seek this specific diagnosis because i know how that must make everyone here weary and probably make all professionals weary too. i'm just anxious. and don't know how to soothe myself. what words would have helped you? and were you anxious that the doctors were going to say that you just needed to focus? :(

thank you so much.