View Full Version : Psychiatrists in Toronto, Thunder Bay or Winnipeg

01-10-17, 11:40 AM
I am desperately trying to find a great psychiatrist specializing in anxiety and ADD for my 18 year old son. We live in a small town but are willing to travel to any of the three mentioned locations, or anywhere else if the specialist is amazing. Please help.

01-10-17, 01:57 PM
Dr. Umesh Jain
Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, (CAMH), Toronto

Dr. Umesh Jain is a staff psychiatrist at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (Child, Youth and Family Service). He is also the primary investigator on the CIHR grant - Inattention and Working Memory and the adolescent component in the YEARS study, a joint initiate and study on Adolescent ADHD between the Hospital for Sick Children and the CAMH. He attended medical school at Dalhousie University in Halifax and divided his psychiatry, and child psychiatry between Dalhousie and the University of Pittsburgh. He completed his PhD in Toronto in the Institute of Medical Sciences.

Dr. Jain is a nationally recognized scientist in the area of ADHD, impulsivity in children/adolescents and psychopharmacology with 27 peer-reviewed publications and over 200 presentations, papers and posters. Dr. Jain has been involved with the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) as a member of their Scientific Board and Local Chairperson of their meetings in Toronto (1996 and 2005) He has also been involved with the Canadian Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (CACAP) as a member and chair of their scientific program (1996-1999) and on the National Executive since 2003. He began the Canadian ADHD Resource Alliance (CADDRA), an affiliation of all Canadian specialists practicing in the ADHD arena. He lives in Toronto with his four children and his wife, a pediatrician.

This guy is super good. Hope it helps.

01-10-17, 06:32 PM
Awesome. Thanks. I saw him on a totally ADD video. Hopefully my son isn't too old to see him. Fingers crossed.

01-11-17, 04:23 PM
Dr. Jain is retired. Any other suggestions?

01-11-17, 05:36 PM
There are others in the link, not sure any of them will do, however, I would call caddac near you and find out, they generally have very good recommendations of current docs.