View Full Version : Concerta and Sertraline(Zoloft,Lustral) Timing need help!

Johnny Blaze
01-12-17, 02:47 AM
Hello all i take Concerta 54mg in the morning due to my fatigue, and i take 50mg sertraline(zoloft,lustral) for depression/anxiety. My doctor said keep 5 hours between, but when i forced her she said 3 is ok too but i'm confused. I wanna hear how you use it and how much time is considerad to be okay. I wanna take sertraline(zoloft,lustral) as soon as possible, ready to hear every experiences. Thank you

midnightstar
01-12-17, 10:37 AM
If your doctor's happy with 5 hours without being pressurised to answer then personally I'd say to stick with 5 hours, whichever your doctor is happiest you doing :grouphug:

sarahsweets
01-12-17, 12:46 PM
Theoretically I believe that concerta is supposed to last 12 hours but I have never met anyone who takes it saying thats the case. The trick is to take the second dose slightly before the previous one wears off to avoid "service interruption"

namazu
01-12-17, 08:25 PM
In my experience, I have taken Zoloft either at night before bed or in divided doses (1 dose in morning, 1 at night). I have taken Zoloft with Concerta when I was taking both in the morning, with no problems.

I have not heard of a reason why they would need to be spaced out or why you couldn't take both together. Zoloft is a medication with a longer half-life and duration of effect than Concerta, so as long as you are taking Zoloft consistently, whenever you take your Concerta you will have some Zoloft in your system.

That said, maybe your doctor has a reason for recommending that you not take them at the same time.

Johnny Blaze
01-15-17, 09:31 AM
If your doctor's happy with 5 hours without being pressurised to answer then personally I'd say to stick with 5 hours, whichever your doctor is happiest you doing :grouphug:

Theoretically I believe that concerta is supposed to last 12 hours but I have never met anyone who takes it saying thats the case. The trick is to take the second dose slightly before the previous one wears off to avoid "service interruption"

In my experience, I have taken Zoloft either at night before bed or in divided doses (1 dose in morning, 1 at night). I have taken Zoloft with Concerta when I was taking both in the morning, with no problems.

I have not heard of a reason why they would need to be spaced out or why you couldn't take both together. Zoloft is a medication with a longer half-life and duration of effect than Concerta, so as long as you are taking Zoloft consistently, whenever you take your Concerta you will have some Zoloft in your system.

That said, maybe your doctor has a reason for recommending that you not take them at the same time.

Hey thank you all for your answers. I took them together and nothing happened actually when i took zoloft 3-5 hours later i would feel that when it hits and cripples me a bit. I wonder if i take zoloft at 8pm and seroquel 200 mg at 10pm and go to sleep at 11pm will zoloft impair my sleep? I'm not insomniac at all, never but i'm talking about quality sleep. Some people told me that it can supress rem sleep or something like that. Would like to hear your experiences