View Full Version : 1/16/2017 is Blue Monday

finallyfound10
01-16-17, 01:05 PM
I have acute on chronic* depression today. Seriously bad. (To be "fair" the Wellbutrin hasn't kicked in yet.)

It's not from the reasons that the article states but mine stems from having to go back to a job that I am not doing well at and trying to get a new one and finding it harder than expected, I may have Pre Menstrual Syndrome, I'm supposed to do some errands, get an x-ray and then meet some people for a work-related situation that they are experiencing in which I may be able to assist them.

I think I might just stay in and do other things that I've been putting off- God knows there are enough of them!! I feel bad canceling on the work people but the reason we're meeting isn't to talk about good stuff so I don't want to feel worse!!

UUUGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :(

*One may have a condition or disease such as chronic kidney heart failure, COPD, etc. Because it is permanent, it is "chronic." A chronic disease may be stable because it is mild or is managed by medication, diet, exercise, etc. However if it should "flare up" and cause symptoms to appear or worsen or become unmanageable at home, then one is having an acute episode of their chronic disease.Save

Unmanagable
01-16-17, 01:51 PM
Take good care of you and do what you feel is best for you. May the depressive ditch get less deep as the day goes by.

Abi
01-16-17, 02:22 PM
What, it's a thing?

I woke up this morning in a state of extreme depression and anxiety that hasn't abated over the course of the day despite my taking my usual regimen of meds and having been in "remission" for the past couple of months...

Weird.

finallyfound10
01-16-17, 09:41 PM
Interesting that you felt different today as well. I canceled my work meeting and did get things done and felt slightly better but still like crap.

The media says it is.

I meant to post this link!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/01/15/blue-monday-2017-could-bluest-ever-says-expert-behind-equation/