View Full Version : Med to increase serotonine and adrenaline?

C15H25N3O
01-17-17, 08:47 AM
I am thinking about ADHD and its meds in general focussing on norephinephrine and dompamine.

Sure, amphetamines dopamine-release gives reward in advance, which makes kind of happy and
norephinephrine wakes up. Its result is alertness, ability to focus and for some also to stay on an
unloved task.

Reuptake inhibitors may increase too low serotonine or balance levels out of control but they do
not necessarily increase serotonine and there is a lot of panic about the so called serotonine syndrome.

Looking on our meds again they cut off L-AMP (adrenaline) from AMP and built DEX.

In my opinion it is last minutes adrenalin giving the classic procastrinator the motivation.

If darkness converts a healthy brains serotonine into melatonine and morning grouches need lots
of light to wake up and produce serotonine to activate thinking.

Why is there no med to official increase by release adrenalin and serotonine?

Fraser_0762
01-17-17, 09:16 AM
I take 5htp which is an amino acid that aids in the biosynthesis of serotonin and melatonin. It is (in my view) a better antidepressant than anything i've tried on prescription. It increases my overall feeling of well being, without experiencing any negative side effects. (I started taking 50mgs to begin with then gradually built up to 200mgs which I take every morning)

However, if you take 5htp, you can't take an SSRI (such as Strattera or Wellbutrin) for the reason you've already pointed out.

As for increasing Adrenaline, high levels of Caffeine will do that. I wouldn't recommend doing it all the time though. The adrenal glands can burn out very quickly resulting in some pretty nasty fatigue. They're only supposed to become active in fight or flight response situations.

Greyhound1
01-17-17, 10:25 AM
I take 5htp which is an amino acid that aids in the biosynthesis of serotonin and melatonin. It is (in my view) a better antidepressant than anything i've tried on prescription. It increases my overall feeling of well being, without experiencing any negative side effects. (I started taking 50mgs to begin with then gradually built up to 200mgs which I take every morning)

However, if you take 5htp, you can't take an SSRI (such as Strattera or Wellbutrin) for the reason you've already pointed out.

As for increasing Adrenaline, high levels of Caffeine will do that. I wouldn't recommend doing it all the time though. The adrenal glands can burn out very quickly resulting in some pretty nasty fatigue. They're only supposed to become active in fight or flight response situations.

Fraser,
Did you mean Strattera? It's actually an NRI and I believe so is Wellbutrin. Not sure if they raise serotonin too.

C15H25N3O
01-17-17, 10:39 AM
Where do you get your 5-HTP from?

SSRI are the chemical devil. No way!
Strattera is also out. Killer-med!
Reuptake inhibition is perverting nature.

Give me adrenaline and serotonine!

Fraser_0762
01-17-17, 10:44 AM
Fraser,
Did you mean Strattera? It's actually an NRI and I believe so is Wellbutrin. Not sure if they raises serotonin too.

Yes, they're selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. They block the reuptake of serotonin, leaving it to linger longer in the synapses. But they also have the same effect on norepinephrine.

Greyhound1
01-17-17, 10:45 AM

You can get 5-HTP in the US at most vitamin & supplement shops.

Fraser_0762
01-17-17, 10:46 AM

You can purchase it from Amazon. But you may need to check the legality in your location, as i'm not sure how it may differ from the UK.

To be honest, i'm surprised it's still freely available to purchase and wouldn't be surprised to see it becoming prescription based in the future.

C15H25N3O
01-17-17, 10:51 AM
Does this supplement shop stuff really work?

If it works I will have to bunker a ton or two.

Fraser_0762
01-17-17, 10:57 AM
Does this supplement shop stuff really work?

If it works I will have to bunker a ton or two.

I can't give you a definitive answer, because like prescription medications, they'll work well for some people and not so well for others.

It's certainly worth purchasing a months supply though and trying them out. Like most anti-deps, they can take up to a couple of weeks to really kick in.

Greyhound1
01-17-17, 10:59 AM
Yes, they're selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. They block the reuptake of serotonin, leaving it to linger longer in the synapses. But they also have the same effect on norepinephrine.

Are you sure about Strattera? I know Wellbutrin is an atypical anti-depressant and does effect serotonin and norepinephrine. Never heard that about Strattera.
Strattera is a selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. That means that when a cell releases norepinephrine to stimulate its neighboring nerve cell, Strattera gets involved by inhibiting the first cell from reabsorbing the norepinephrine in the synaptic junction. The net effect is that there is more norepinephrine around to stimulate the nerve cells.

Fraser_0762
01-17-17, 11:04 AM
Are you sure about Strattera? I know Wellbutrin is an atypical anti-depressant and does effect serotonin and norepinephrine. Never heard that about Strattera.

Strattera inhibits both norepinephrine and serotonin transporters.

It's classed as an SNRI though. Even although it acts as an SSRI also.

C15H25N3O
01-17-17, 12:27 PM
Does anyone take AMP and 5-HTP? :eyebrow:

Fraser_0762
01-17-17, 12:34 PM
Not me. But i've heard that 5-HTP can work well for stimulant withdrawal. Unfortunately I can't reveal the source of this for legality reasons.

dvdnvwls
01-17-17, 03:50 PM
Looking for drugs that are supposed to affect certain internal processes is a wild goose chase. Unintended effects will mess things up. We can pretend all we want about understanding serotonin etc, but we don't, and we won't any time soon.

Instead, choose by a drug's reported gross observable effects. Whatever it says about serotonin is bunk, as far as you're concerned; concentrate on what really happens that can be seen and felt.

C15H25N3O
01-17-17, 04:09 PM
Google also offers no drug know to release serotonin and adrenaline.

dvdnvwls
01-17-17, 04:31 PM
Google also offers no drug know to release serotonin and adrenaline.
I guess Google is smart enough to know that that type of thinking is misguided. :)

Fraser_0762
01-17-17, 05:53 PM
Looking for drugs that are supposed to affect certain internal processes is a wild goose chase. Unintended effects will mess things up. We can pretend all we want about understanding serotonin etc, but we don't, and we won't any time soon.

Instead, choose by a drug's reported gross observable effects. Whatever it says about serotonin is bunk, as far as you're concerned; concentrate on what really happens that can be seen and felt.

Well you can't "see" it, even if it's prescription and you can't "feel" it unless you try it out.

dvdnvwls
01-17-17, 06:51 PM
Well you can't "see" it, even if it's prescription and you can't "feel" it unless you try it out.
My point is that serotonin production or other internal chemical modification is not a valid goal. I'm saying it's important to switch your goals over to what real effect on your life a medication will have, and stop playing at being research bioneurologists.

C15H25N3O
01-17-17, 09:04 PM
Why should serotonine release to increase not be a valid goal?

sarahsweets
01-18-17, 05:26 AM
Does sex and fear come in a capsule? ;)

dvdnvwls
01-18-17, 06:14 AM
Why should serotonine release to increase not be a valid goal?
Unintended consequences.

Choose based on life effects, not chemistry effects.

Fraser_0762
01-18-17, 07:05 AM
Any mind altering drug can have unintended consequences. The medications prescribed for the treatment of Depression, ADHD, Biploar..... etc are still not fully understood, even by the greatest of minds.

dvdnvwls
01-18-17, 12:59 PM
Any mind altering drug can have unintended consequences. The medications prescribed for the treatment of Depression, ADHD, Biploar..... etc are still not fully understood, even by the greatest of minds.

Exactly. That's why it's important not to treat them as if we know what they do chemically, and instead to judge them by their real-life-observable effects.

aeon
01-18-17, 01:41 PM
The best medication to enhance serotonergic and noradrenergic release and neuroactivity at the receptor is mirtazapine.

Mirtazapine is a noradrenergic and specific serotonergic antidepressant (NaSSA). It is not a reuptake inhibitor.

Cheers,
Ian

C15H25N3O
01-18-17, 05:11 PM
The only problem I have with Mirtazinpine is to find it listed to work on serotonine-syndrom and they block H-1 histamin.
So it should all over tendencially decrease but not increase serotonine. Comparing its mech and results it is confusing.

I also did my amateur researches on what increases serotonine. There are only two groups known.

One group are anorexiants which are off market because they kill people and the other group are psychedelics. While anorexiants
serotonine release reduces appetite they also release adrenaline. Psychedelics only partial but longterm increase some serotonine
receptors activity but no adrenaline, so they are out and they are not prescribable.

How did serotonine and adrenaline releasing anorexiants treat ADHD in the past or is someone off-label prescribed to anorexiants
for ADHD? There should be intersections if Vyvanse is prescribed also for binge eating.

I believe this kind of effectiveness is not so much different to AMP, only a bit different containing more motivation and anticipation.

I really like Vyvanse but my problem is it works great. Its norephinephrine release wakes my mind up, I can focus and I stay sitting
and sitting and sitting on tasks. Its dopamine release gives me reward for enjoying the day but doing nothing, nothing productive
and it makes me physical lazy. All over it works but it is kind of palliative. Looking at my live, my self-therapeutic activities and
everything that excites me, everything is about serotonine and adrenaline. While norephedrine is a central nerve stimulant the
adrenaline is a peripher nerve stimulant. I also suspect natural dopamine as relaxant on rewards and serotonine as the human
life activator.

I also believe asian state of CHI is a balance of serotonine and adrenaline for high concentrated decisions in single microseconds
and reactions in single milliseconds which I experienced in sports.

Sure, all this is only some ADHD/ASD brains unscientific or conspirational output based on all the studies I read and substances
I know and compare on their effects and paradoxons, but, I believe, releasing adrenaline and serotonine would treat most brains
better than releasing norephinephrine and adrenaline.

Maybe my maths is too simple: Adrenalines errection + serotonines anticipation = human motivation

Vyvanse treats what they classify as ADHD symptoms and partial improves what they call autism but it only makes me survive
but not full functioning.

In this thread I would like to very open discuss without fatalizing what science has no solution for.

C15H25N3O
01-18-17, 08:59 PM
Sure, all this is only some ADHD/ASD brains unscientific or conspirational output based on all the studies I read and substances
I know and compare on their effects and paradoxons, but, I believe, releasing adrenaline and serotonine would treat most brains
better than releasing norephinephrine and dopamine.

my fault!

C15H25N3O
01-24-17, 08:00 AM
I believe Sativex or medical cannabis is something like a releaser of adrenaline and serotonine.

It healthy increases my heart rate. This effect is known from adrenaline.

Norephinephrine inhibition (Ritalin) and release (amphetamine) cause a fake awakeness.

Knowing inhibiting and releasing drugs on the same neuro-transmitters (NOR/DA)
there is an option to increase serotonine while SSRI can decrease it in many people.

In action sports I learned listening to my daily mood (self-reflection) not to make failures
and having an accident. This means looking for my actual serotonine levels. Dopamine will be
released after accomplishing a goal in sports.

Being on stimulants like ritalin or amphetamine I cannot handle action sports adrenaline
while I experience total overstimulation.