View Full Version : Was told I would get corepharma Dex er; got mallinckrodt er instead?

chaotic_cortex
01-17-17, 03:52 PM
I was switched from Vyvanse to dexedrine er due to Vyvanse being way too expensive. I asked how much dexedrine would cost and Costco calculated my insurance and printed out the sheet for the prescription to be filled. $3!!!! Hell yes! I was going broke from Vyvanse. I asked what manufacturer makes it and was told corepharma. However, after I got my prescription home I looked up the pills online and they're mallinckrodt. I was excited to get the corepharma due to everyone saying it's the best and no side effects. Why would they tell me that's what I'm getting? I suppose it doesn't matter as dexedrine was bought from corepharma, right? So who knows where the quality will go. But I'm also reading reports the mallinckrodt used to be second best, but they've gone downhill too. Were they bought as well? Someone enlighten me please! Are most people happy with all the brands except barr? I know there are some partial to barr though. How can there be so much variance? Dextroamphetamine is dextroamphetamine no matter who synthesis it? Right? Thanks

dvdnvwls
01-17-17, 04:35 PM
Take it and find out for yourself. If there's a problem, say something - but remember that there is no such thing as an effective drug with no side effects.

chaotic_cortex
01-17-17, 05:19 PM
Take it and find out for yourself. If there's a problem, say something - but remember that there is no such thing as an effective drug with no side effects.

Good point. I can't rely on what I'm reading here. That will lead to over scrutinization and placebo, I think. I also see Mylan said they were launching a generic dex, but that was way back in Jan of last year and trying to find info on it is scarce.

Sickle
01-22-17, 06:03 PM
I've been getting Actavis and I actually like those. Mallinckrodt is good to but the branded generic is best. I used to get brand ones in 2002-3 etc and could spend like $40 on my months supply without insurance spansules and those 5 mg tabs they used to make.

aeon
01-22-17, 08:54 PM
I had Mallinckrodt Dex ER many times, and I always thought it was excellent...better than Barr, and on the same level of quality as brand Amedra.

Cheers,
Ian