View Full Version : Poor sleep effect

PraxxtorCruel
01-20-17, 08:40 AM
Does anyone else find if they dont get a good nights sleep for example only 2-3 hours that they notice marked improvement in focus and greater ability to articulate one self?

Fraser_0762
01-20-17, 08:44 AM
When you don't sleep well, the body releases a greater level of adrenaline to help keep you going. This would cause a marked improvement in focus and cognitive functioning.

But it's very short lived. Adrenaline causes you to burn out fast. After a couple of hours after waking from a poor sleep, the slump begins to kick in hard.

PraxxtorCruel
01-20-17, 08:55 AM
When you don't sleep well, the body releases a greater level of adrenaline to help keep you going. This would cause a marked improvement in focus and cognitive functioning.

But it's very short lived. Adrenaline causes you to burn out fast. After a couple of hours after waking from a poor sleep, the slump begins to kick in hard.

Makes sense. I read research papers that say it causes an increase in dopamine and i imagine nor/adrenaline. So do ADHDers notice this marked improvement then?

I say this because my focus is garbage and i struggle constantly to articulate myself clearly but am amazed by how different i always am with poor sleep.

Fraser_0762
01-20-17, 09:06 AM
Adrenaline levels can have an indirect effect on the Dopamine Receptors, much like a Caffeine hit.

However, I wouldn't recommend using sleep deprivation as a treatment method. I've tried it, it's very short lived gain with long term pain.

jkimbo
01-20-17, 02:44 PM
I have never slept well. But yes, it can interfere with your ability to unwind, relax and fall asleep. I take 1 to 2 mgs of klonopin before I go to sleep, that helps me. So I can not say I've noticed any difference on adderall since I always had trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. What's really cool for me is I can fall asleep still feeling the effects of adderall, wake up in a couple of hours, still feeling the adderall and go back to sleep lol. That's prolly not a good thing though.