View Full Version : You're fired!

Drewbacca
01-20-17, 11:33 PM
About a month ago I finally took a long overdue step and fired my p-doc after three years. She didn't want to prescribe a stimulant beyond Wellbutrin (which wasn't cutting it) and kept putting off the discussion, saying, "I'll put you back on the adderall when you are back in school." Welp, I finally made it back to school but guess what... nope.

For the better part of three years, she blew me off. She insisted that I didn't have a diagnosis (because she never read my file! :mad: ). She never wanted to work with me and went so far as to imply that I was drug-seeking without ever blatantly saying that. You can only imagine my outrage when I finally looked her up on one of those online health-grade websites and saw that someone else had the SAME exact complaint. She never even looked at his file.

Anywho, just posting it here since I'm not looking for any help or advice. Just celebrating a long overdue move on my end. Happy to say that I'm back on a medication plan that works and I'm back in school (again, n^th time's a charm). :thankyou::goodpost::yes::grouphug::giggle:

sarahsweets
01-21-17, 05:50 AM
Good for you! F**K her and her poor treatment. I am surprised you stuck it out as long as you did.

Drewbacca
01-22-17, 11:09 PM
Good for you! F**K her and her poor treatment. I am surprised you stuck it out as long as you did.

I only tolerated it for two reasons... the first was because I genuinely wanted to try another approach and see if I could treat it with mindfulness and wellbutrin (and cut out the need to take both a stimulant and anti-depressant). The second reason is because I trusted her to act professionally and it took that long for me to determine that she had her own agenda and couldn't be bothered to read my file.

It was actually more like two years, as I was seeing another psychiatrist for about a year in the middle... but that was part of a study, so he became my primary doctor while the p-doc that I had for the entirely of the three years took a back seat in my treatment until the study was completed. She definitely wasn't being upfront or honest with me, however... and if I knew that ahead of time, I probably would have sought out another provider. I was genuinely concerned about how it would appear if I jumped to a new provider due to the need for specific medications, but I suppose that any provider worth his/her salt would understand that this happens.

sarahsweets
01-23-17, 04:58 AM
I was genuinely concerned about how it would appear if I jumped to a new provider due to the need for specific medications, but I suppose that any provider worth his/her salt would understand that this happens.
Isnt that sucky? That we have to worry about how something would appear just so we can be treated properly and correctly? I am sure that someone who has GI disease doesnt have to worry about how they appear, or someone with say, cancer, a cold, whatever. Meanwhile we have to worry about looking crazy if, God forbid its adhd or another mental health condition.

midnightstar
01-23-17, 02:40 PM
Yay Drew :D :grouphug:

Hope you can get one much better this time :grouphug:

Little Missy
01-23-17, 05:10 PM
I wish we had an Experiences You'd Never Believe With A Psychiatrist thread.

buh-bye nasty times