View Full Version : Adderall Dr 10 mg?

jykim531
01-21-17, 01:59 PM
I was recently diagnosed with adhd inattentive. Was put on adderall xr 10 mg. It's been a week of taking it and my mind isn't as focused as it was in the beginning of the week... Why is that? Do I need a stronger dose?

jkimbo
01-21-17, 04:44 PM
That is a very low dose and XR too? That's why your not seeing any improvement. Tell your doc and stay away from XR's. Tell your doc they cost too much and get IR. Only bad thing about IR is they wear off in about 2-3 hours regardless of strength so you will eventually need to take them 2x or even 3x a day. But a lot of docs like to start off low and play it safe. Mine started me off on 15mg IR which was ok for a few hours. Bumped me up to 2x a day, better, now I get about 4-5 hrs. Next time I see him I want to ask him if we can try 20mg 2x a day. He already said it might be needed. They just want to approach it slow and make sure you do not experience any serious side effects I guess.

Fraser_0762
01-21-17, 05:00 PM
There's a multitude of factors. Not getting good quality sleep, a poor diet, not keeping yourself well hydrated, building up a quick tolerance level.... etc

sarahsweets
01-22-17, 05:20 AM
I take xr because of absorption issues but I take it three times a day. I take 20mg xr three times a day. That would not be a dose you would want to start with but its to give you perspective when it comes to dosing.

Little Nut
01-22-17, 11:03 AM
hey jykim, you are probably trying to find the right dosing schedule FOR YOU. Everyone is different. Two things to keep in mind is that everytime you make a change it takes time (~2 weeks in my case) for your body to adjust to the meds. It is common to get a kick in the pants the first few days and then your body adjusts. The second thing is that you want to find out the lowest dose that treats your symptoms. This is to minimize side effects. This requires starting at a dose that you know is too low and slowly working up. Also be aware that you can have a dose that is TOO HIGH for you. If you start titrating at a dose that is too high for you, it will just make the whole process more confusing and take much longer to find the correct Dosing Schedule for you.

I find keeping a daily journal during these times very helpful for me to monitor the process and helpful when I discuss changes with my Doc. (Think of it as a leg to stand-on when disagreeing with your Doc.) Jot down how well each symptom is treated, any side effect issues, how long the dose lasted for you, and any observed trends. HTH, -LN

jykim531
01-22-17, 12:12 PM
I take the xr at 9am when I start my job and I study for school and the crash comes around 3:30pm. I can tell BC if I'm still studying I start getting frustrated with it. Can you take it more than once a day?

sarahsweets
01-23-17, 05:35 AM
I take the xr at 9am when I start my job and I study for school and the crash comes around 3:30pm. I can tell BC if I'm still studying I start getting frustrated with it. Can you take it more than once a day?

see my post above.