View Full Version : Suddenly oversensitive to Ritalin anyone?

Faraway
01-22-17, 08:39 PM
Hello All,

Iīm still struggeling with medication issues, so I want to change perspectives.

My question for now is:

Has anyone experienced Ritalin (or any methylphenidate-based medication) to work ok for while and then suddenly became oversensitive to it?

(I read something like this about daytrana but I canīt find it anymore)

Thank You for Your Input!

dvdnvwls
01-22-17, 08:54 PM
It's possible for some different reasons.

- Your body can change, temporarily or permanently.

- You might now be taking another medication that interacts with what you were taking before.

- You might be under more stress, or less stress.

- You might drink more coffee now, or take other things that are not classified as drugs but that have an effect.

Faraway
01-22-17, 09:15 PM
Thank You!

I think it must be the first as - apart from the stress issue which i donīt really know - i can exclude the rest.

What do you think i can do (amphetamines and most psychotropics are not an option for me as i have a metabolizing problem with those)?

Jenn1202
01-25-17, 12:48 PM
Yup. I was on it for years and had little to no side effects. At some point I got really sick so I had to stop taking the medication for a while. I tried to get back on it when I got better but I could barely tolerate it because I was getting horrible side effects. My sudden sensitivity to Ritalin (and stimulants in general) had to do with the damage that my illness did to my body.

Also, brand can be a factor too. Different manufacturers use different ingredients and you may be sensitive to some of these ingredients.

sarahsweets
01-26-17, 05:45 AM
How do you know you have metabolising issues with amphetamines?

Faraway
01-26-17, 07:07 AM
Hi!

first of all by the way I react to them.

and second becaus I know - due to a gene test - that I donīt metabolise stuff via (as they call it) CYP 450 2D6 which is what you need for amphetamines to get them out of the system again.