View Full Version : Vyvanse: Some days works great, others I'm miserable

wind2010
01-22-17, 11:04 PM
The title pretty much says it all. Been on Vyvanse 50 mg for a month and a half now (after trying 40 mg which did not work for me at all.) And something that I've noticed is that some days it works amazing, I'm productive, I'm able to focus at work, I'm able to communicate well with my co-workers, patients, etc(I'm a Nurse), talkative, no anxiety. HOWEVER, there are other days where I want to hide in the bathroom and not come out. I become shy,anxious, super self-conscious/awkward to the point that it's so obvious and I know my patients, co-workers can notice and I absolutely hate it!!!!
I only take vyvanse when I work, don't like taking it on my off days (work 3 12hr shifts per week).
I'm aware to keep hydrated and eat protein, carbs, etc...
Anyone else has/had the same problem?

For example today at work was hell. My mind was filled with anxious thoughts, stuttering, awkwardness...I made sure i ate well, hydrated, but the anixety persisted. Although it's important to note that I only had 5 hrs of sleep and took NyQuil PM prior....Does lack of sleep cause this or Nyquil? What can I do to make sure days like these don't happen as often? It's to the point that if I keep having them I'll have to get off of Vyvanse :(

sarahsweets
01-23-17, 05:43 AM
Have you tried dex or adderall? Some people are too sensitive to how long vyvanse lasts.

C15H25N3O
01-23-17, 06:37 AM
You sound like you have a sensory overload and overstimulation.

Vyvanse is not easy to metabolize and dosage adjustment can take a while.
When the body and digestion are not used to it and it does not make the effects
we are looking for most people think about increasing the dosage but rarely try
to decrease the dosage a bit.

Maybe you better do 40mg or try to learn reflecting your mood and condition
before its intake to decide if 40 or 50mg. I found my perfect stimulation dosage
on 35-40mg after 2 months of adjusting the med but I also profit from some
after 10 months adjusted mood lifting and brain alerting micro-effects of micro-
dosaging it 5-10mg.

wind2010
01-23-17, 10:27 AM
Have you tried dex or adderall? Some people are too sensitive to how long vyvanse lasts.

I've been on adderall IR for years and it works great for studying but it not for work, tried adderall XR a longggggg time ago and all I can remember is that I was not able to focus on it at all.

wind2010
01-23-17, 10:32 AM
You sound like you have a sensory overload and overstimulation.

Vyvanse is not easy to metabolize and dosage adjustment can take a while.
When the body and digestion are not used to it and it does not make the effects
we are looking for most people think about increasing the dosage but rarely try
to decrease the dosage a bit.

Maybe you better do 40mg or try to learn reflecting your mood and condition
before its intake to decide if 40 or 50mg. I found my perfect stimulation dosage
on 35-40mg after 2 months of adjusting the med but I also profit from some
after 10 months adjusted mood lifting and brain alerting micro-effects of micro-
dosaging it 5-10mg.

I've been on 40 mg vyvanse for a month in the past and I felt even more anxious because my brain was more scattered than ever. At least with 50 mg I'm able to focus more and have less anxiety, but it still sucks.
I think the problem isn't the dosage but the the inconsistent effects it has on me. Any suggestions to hep keep it consistent?