View Full Version : Do any of you also have GAD or generalized anxiety disorder?

sybil
01-23-17, 12:36 AM
I have both. That being said, do you think my extreme indecisiveness may stem from both ADHD and GAD?

I hate being so indecisive. I will take time to think about a decision, make it, and before I know it, I wish I would've made a different choice...

sarahsweets
01-23-17, 04:51 AM
Its like a chicken or the egg scenario. I have both and bipolar II as well, and I sometimes get caught up wondering which one causes which problems. I figure it doesnt matter so long as I treat all of them.

Lunacie
01-23-17, 12:21 PM
Yep, I have both, and have had depression in the past.

Depression is the worst, feeling too hopeless to make any choice at all.

My adult daughter and I are both indecisive. We'll ask each other what we want
for dinner or where to eat out, and both of us shrug and say "I dunno."

We tend to ask my 15 year old granddaughter to make the decision if we're stuck.
She has autism and anxiety and usually knows just what she wants and gets
anxious if she doesn't get that.

So, I'm guessing it's mostly the anxiety with an adhd icing on top.

finallyfound10
01-23-17, 01:51 PM
Yes, ADHD and Depression and Anxiety. I am indecisive too!!

sybil
01-26-17, 01:22 AM
Yes, I have dealt with depression as well. It's the worst....

Letching Gray
01-26-17, 07:52 AM
I have both. That being said, do you think my extreme indecisiveness may stem from both ADHD and GAD?

I hate being so indecisive. I will take time to think about a decision, make it, and before I know it, I wish I would've made a different choice...

I am indecisive. Sometimes. Sometimes, I'm quite decisive. At other times, I can't decide if I'm indecisive, but then, occasionally, I really am convinced that I can't remember what we're discussing, especially when I'm boiling over with feelings of anger or I am so sad, I can't decide if I'm depressed or just a G... D... S.. O. . B.....and a lazy slob or just your average bear with typical mood swings.

Prozac is only for people who need a miracle

Fraser_0762
01-26-17, 07:54 AM
GAD is an extention of ADHD, much like Depression. I don't know anybody with ADHD who doesn't have issues with Anxiety and Depression. It kind of goes with the territory.

Fraser_0762
01-26-17, 07:56 AM
My adult daughter and I are both indecisive. We'll ask each other what we want
for dinner or where to eat out, and both of us shrug and say "I dunno

This happens between me and the old man all the time. :lol:

Usually we end up just going to the same place and ordering the same meal everytime.

Lunacie
01-26-17, 11:10 AM
I am indecisive. Sometimes. Sometimes, I'm quite decisive. At other times, I can't decide if I'm indecisive, but then, occasionally, I really am convinced that I can't remember what we're discussing, especially when I'm boiling over with feelings of anger or I am so sad, I can't decide if I'm depressed or just a G... D... S.. O. . B.....and a lazy slob or just your average bear with typical mood swings.

Prozac is only for people who need a miracle

Years ago when the doctor diagnosed me with depression only, not anxiety or adhd,
I could have used a miracle. He didn't suggest Prozac or anything else. :umm1:

When I began reading more about adhd, especially on this forum, I recognized
the symptoms of anxiety and went to the psychiatrist.

Sertraline (Zoloft) has been a miracle for me. :yes:
And my family appreciates the difference just as much as I do. :grouphug:

Little Missy
01-26-17, 01:43 PM
I am pretty bad with the anxiety but I do manage to get done what I absolutely must.

stef
01-26-17, 04:19 PM
I have a lot more anxiety than had realized ( now that I'm relatively less anxious, then I used to be, i see how much it affects me.