View Full Version : How to safe-use melatonin????

C15H25N3O
01-23-17, 07:19 PM
How do I safe use melatonin as a sleep aid without disabling my natural serotonine to melatonine conversion?

I have tried it and it works great but I do not want to stick to another med.
I think it is very easy to fall to sleep with it and I wake up full of power in the morning.

... but

if I have not enough sleep I feel unnatural waked up.
I dont sleep so well like on my first intake

I have a 2mg XR product.

What is your experience about melatonin if you are not a daily user?

Do you experience any withdrawing symptoms after daily use for months and no more taking it?

Can it be safe used once a week or once a month?

Is it a need to take it at the same time everyday I take it?

aeon
01-23-17, 07:41 PM
I've tried it a few times, and it never did a thing.

Cheers,
Ian

C15H25N3O
01-23-17, 08:36 PM
I am looking for guys who take melatonin not daily, better not every week.

I know it does not have any effect for some and some other take it every night.

Little Missy
01-23-17, 10:16 PM
I believe that Sarah may use it.

sarahsweets
01-24-17, 06:47 AM
Like LM said I take melatonin. It doesnt make me sleepy per se, it keeps the circadian rhythm on track that I had to find when I went through the sleep training to cure my insomnia. Less is more with melatonin. I take 3mg and IME taking more would leave me foggy and sleepy in the morning- and it didnt work any better at a higher dose.

C15H25N3O
01-24-17, 08:40 AM
Do or did you use it daily? What happens if you dont take it for days, weeks, months?
Did you ever try to get rid off it and does your circadian function without melatonin.

The doc who prescribed it, a endocrinologist not a psychiatrist, told me melatonin supplementation
will decrease natural production. Looking at my medical researches recovering from artifical
hormones can last years while neuro-transmitters recover in weeks.

Over here melatonin is a med that needs a prescription. It is not a supplement at the drugstore.
To be exactly it is a prescribable med and insurance-covered if you are at age 55 or above.

My question about safe use is:

Can I use it for a while, maybe a month, without getting worse problems after withdrawing it?