View Full Version : Switching from Vyvanse to Adderall IR.... I NEED HELP... doses..

dexterhill515
01-23-17, 11:41 PM
Hello, I am going to be switching from Vyvanse 50mg to Adderall IR 15mg twice daily. I want to know if 15mg twice daily will give me the same focus as Vyvanse or more or less focus. I have been searching for hours on the equivalent of taking two 15mg Adderall IR. I thought I saw that it said it was equivalent to 40 mg of Vyvanse but then I got confused because it mentioned 70mg of Vyvanse. If you can explain it to me, I would highly appreciate it. Thank you!

aeon
01-24-17, 12:12 AM
Vyvanse 50mg <-> Adderall 30mg is almost a perfect equivalency in terms of dextroamphetamine base.

Conversion Factors for Common ADHD Medications (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173221)

Cheers,
Ian

dexterhill515
01-24-17, 12:18 AM
So by taking two 15mg of Adderall, at 7am and then another at 1 pm, Itll be basically the same as taking a 50 mg of vyvanse or am I mistaken?

aeon
01-24-17, 12:29 AM
So by taking two 15mg of Adderall, at 7am and then another at 1 pm, Itll be basically the same as taking a 50 mg of vyvanse or am I mistaken?

In terms of the active chemistry, yes, they are very close to each other.

That doesn't predict what your experience will be.

You didn't mention if the Adderall is IR or XR. XR would likely be more similar. IR taken at 7am might not get you to 1pm, but you'll have to try to know.

Cheers,
Ian

sarahsweets
01-26-17, 05:36 AM
Vyvanse is absorbed differently so they are similar in chemistry but still a little different in the way they work.