01-24-17, 08:38 PM
...checklist, tips?

sarahsweets
01-25-17, 08:01 AM
What do you want help with?

excelsior
01-26-17, 09:25 PM
Maintenance, seasonal blues...

Starting all over with a NEW doc? Well it's like the movie Zombinator. It doesn't stink so bad if you see the HUMOR in it...

Drewbacca
01-27-17, 12:22 AM
They will mostly want to interview you, but save some time to ask your own questions.. do they have any treatment preferences or things that they avoid that you should be aware of... it's an interview, and you are trying to determine if the doc is a good fit while they are trying to determine your background.

You work nights? That's not helping... get a SAD lamp.

sarahsweets
01-27-17, 05:22 AM
If you can gather anything related to your childhood with adhd like records, or you can have someone whos known you as a child can help you with your evaluation. Its not a requirement btw just sometimes it helps the doctor with perspective.

Little Nut
01-27-17, 12:14 PM
...checklist, tips?
no ty

Little Nut
01-27-17, 12:15 PM
Maintenance, seasonal blues...

Starting all over with a NEW doc? Well it's like the movie Zombinator. It doesn't stink so bad if you see the HUMOR in it...

sorry to hear

ToneTone
01-27-17, 12:55 PM
The basic tip is to be ruthlessly and brutally honest about problems with moods and functioning and any other issues such as drinking ... or bad sleeping ...

Brutal honesty has been the best tip I've been able to glean. It's so easy to hold back information thinking it is irrelevant when the information (like my nicotine gum use) is quite relevant.

I also find it helpful to push myself to avoid putting on a good face. Psychiatrist visits are not the time to say "things are all right." It's the time to be really specific about problems with functioning, focus, work, relationships ... the more specificity the better.

Tone