View Full Version : The big reason why many of us don't seem to have social lives is because..

Lloyd_
01-26-17, 09:22 PM
Your average person today which passes as 'normal' is anything but normal and it just seems everyone has gone insane, I think we're the normal ones to be honest that still appreciate things like friends, family and staying true to our principles. We are good hearted people surrounded by zombies, look into the eyes of these people, they are dead inside. It scares me tbh, while I read everyone's posts on here I get the feeling of kindheartedness from people that are only asking for a fair shot in life. :)

Fuzzy12
01-27-17, 05:11 AM
Thinking that every one else is a zombie probably doesn't help with having a social life.

sarahsweets
01-27-17, 05:19 AM
I like my social life.

sarahsweets
01-28-17, 08:12 AM
I also dont choose to see others as zombies.

RextheDog
05-16-17, 03:36 PM
I know what the OP is saying. Only I see them as cyborgs, connected by brain waves to the rectangular thing they're holding in their hand and can't stop staring at all day. I'm pretty anti-social myself, but then I still would like to have friends, too. Paradoxal? You bet. But, such is life.

There just aren't many people that I really, really like - or trust for that matter. ADHD or not.

As for how you "see" someone, as long as you're not going up to them and screaming "ARE YOU NOTHING BUT A ZOMBIE?" I say you're as entitled to your opinion as anyone else. :)

goldsprinkles
05-19-17, 11:47 AM
I personally don't see everyone as Zombies. If anything, I kind of feel as though I'm the weird one.. I'm constantly living in a day dream.... Sigh

Pilgrim
05-19-17, 05:31 PM
I also dont choose to see others as zombies.

We just have to not be as comfortable , and unsure of ourselves. The rule that helps is that if someone isn't willing to make the round trip it's company not worth keeping.

Little Missy
05-19-17, 06:04 PM
Probably because I'm pushy, loud, obnoxious and the best dancer. And I smile too much and laugh too hard.

Gypsy Willow
07-05-17, 05:18 PM
There just aren't many people that I really, really like - or trust for that matter. ADHD or not.

I feel the same way. I also get annoyed by shallow people, passive/aggressive people and people who interrupt me when I'm talking and/or arent' listening.

Fortune
07-05-17, 05:40 PM
I don't have a social life because I live in a rural area without transportation.

When I live in a suburban area with access to mass transit and people in general, I tend to have a social life.

And I mean I don't just have ADHD, I am also autistic.

Free to Fly
07-07-17, 11:30 AM
My social interactions are boxed in by where I work or play. The 2 don't cross, except for 2 long term friendships. One for 40 years, and the other for 15. My ability to care about people is severely limited. I don't come across as a very caring individual. Possibly because I can't figure out what you are thinking, because what you are saying is BS. I don't trust people.

MyNameIsDima
07-08-17, 06:00 PM
I don't see peoples today as zombies.. i just not look t them and trying not to show my feelings and trying not connect to them..
Because of it, my social life look like empty box of nothing. I was hurt by many peoples.. so i decided step back and stay with my family. In addition, a failed relationship (mainly because of me) made me take a few steps backwards :(

sarahsweets
07-09-17, 05:44 AM
I think saying that "most of us dont have social lives" is sort of unfair, I think alot of us struggle socially but I dont think that automatically translates into not having a social life.

Metroblue
07-09-17, 05:56 AM
Aside from Zombies and untrustworthy people....I take Adderrall for Chronic Fatigue and talk too much! Prior to Adderrall (which doesn't help my Fibro brain) I stayed indoors for 10 years, had to quit work and only going to functions that I had to). My energy level is amazing and can live again, however I see and have been told that I irritate people with my constant talking and jumping from subject to subject. Wondering if there is another Med that gives me the energy I need without the constant babble?

Fortune
07-10-17, 09:35 PM
I think saying that "most of us dont have social lives" is sort of unfair, I think alot of us struggle socially but I dont think that automatically translates into not having a social life.

Bingo.