View Full Version : Pharmacy automatically filled script 3 weeks early??

Matt329
01-27-17, 04:50 AM
Little shocked when my wife came home today with my usual medication but also my adderall script!! Why did insurance cover it and why did they fill
It 3 weeks early? So confused

Ever since doctors started calling in adderall the pharmacies seem to just fill
It whenever your insurance covers it. Anyone else have this issue?

sarahsweets
01-27-17, 05:43 AM
I have no idea how that happened.

Matt329
01-27-17, 06:02 AM
Does anyone know if I should return the medication ?? Or maybe that will cause
More confusing. Very odd

Little Nut
01-27-17, 12:33 PM
You are talking about Adderall? AFAIK you can't phone in prescriptions for ScheduleII drugs. Thought it was a DEA requirement, but may be state controlled. Any chance your Doc gave you multiple dated scripts and you gave those to the pharmacy?

Doubtful you can return, but only way to know is contact pharmacy. While doing that, ask them how they were able to refill Adderall without a prescription in-hand. GL, -LN

namazu
01-27-17, 06:21 PM
You are talking about Adderall? AFAIK you can't phone in prescriptions for ScheduleII drugs. Thought it was a DEA requirement, but may be state controlled. Any chance your Doc gave you multiple dated scripts and you gave those to the pharmacy?

Doubtful you can return, but only way to know is contact pharmacy. While doing that, ask them how they were able to refill Adderall without a prescription in-hand. GL, -LN
New York State has implemented an electronic prescription transmission system. (https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/15/nyregion/new-york-to-discard-prescription-pads-and-doctors-handwriting-in-digital-shift.html?_r=0)
(I think it's not so much a voice call as an internet-submitted script.)

I still have no idea how/why they filled an Adderal prescription 3 weeks early, though -- that's just weird!

Agree with Little Nut that it's unlikely you could return (or that you'd gain anything by returning) the pills. But probably worth calling to see if you can find out what happened.

Little Missy
01-27-17, 07:48 PM
Do the aforementioned and/or take them as prescribed and you won't need a refill for some time.