View Full Version : new here and just want help and advice really

connor1106
01-28-17, 02:34 PM
hi im struggling to accept there's anything wrong with my son who's 4 he's currently going through tests which I'm not involved in by my choice as if I keep out of it then in my mind it's not happening. if I talk to him or my partner I get very upset like it's my fault he's this way.

he's always been late, crawling walking and he's still not great at talking which gets him very angry when nobody understands him all of this I've just ignored however for the past few weeks he has started to mess himself and even play with it I've asked him not too but he has continued yet he doesn't do it at school only when he's at home. really what I'm wanting is you all to say that's normal he will grow out of it however I'm guessing your not. will he stop if so when and should I expect worse from him I know it's bad on my part but I'm finding it so difficult

sarahsweets
01-29-17, 09:30 AM
hi im struggling to accept there's anything wrong with my son who's 4 he's currently going through tests which I'm not involved in by my choice as if I keep out of it then in my mind it's not happening. if I talk to him or my partner I get very upset like it's my fault he's this way.
I think you need to reconsider your involvement in you want to be involved in treating whatever he is diagnosed with. Especially if its your choice. You cant choose not to be his mom, and he will need you to be an active participant in his treatment.

he's always been late, crawling walking and he's still not great at talking which gets him very angry when nobody understands him all of this I've just ignored however for the past few weeks he has started to mess himself and even play with it I've asked him not too but he has continued yet he doesn't do it at school only when he's at home. really what I'm wanting is you all to say that's normal he will grow out of it however I'm guessing your not. will he stop if so when and should I expect worse from him I know it's bad on my part but I'm finding it so difficult

What is he being evaluated for and what kind of doctor is doing it?