View Full Version : EEG suggests 90% chance of traumatic brain injury but no history of it??

Obsessive_ADD
01-29-17, 09:22 PM
I had an EEG done when I was 17 years old and they found that there is a 90% chance of my having had a traumatic brain injury in the past with a TBI of 3.5. To my knowledge and my family's knowledge, I have never had any traumatic brain injury. What could this mean? I am diagnosed with ADD-predominately inattentive subtype but traditional ADHD medications have failed to help.

sarahsweets
01-30-17, 05:43 AM
I had an EEG done when I was 17 years old and they found that there is a 90% chance of my having had a traumatic brain injury in the past with a TBI of 3.5. To my knowledge and my family's knowledge, I have never had any traumatic brain injury. What could this mean? I am diagnosed with ADD-predominately inattentive subtype but traditional ADHD medications have failed to help.

I thought an EEG measured brain waves and that a brain scan would be the only thing that could tell about TBI? And why would an actual scan say chance? If there is actual evidence of injury it would be definite.

kilted_scotsman
01-30-17, 07:27 AM
I find the detailed evaluation of the client’s EEG and qEEG, and an understanding of the dynamics of the brain’s response to trauma, provide a superior working understanding of the client’s specific injury. This is far superior compared with a simplistic sorting into classifications of “normal” or “TBI” by software that admittedly misses 20% of the actual cases of brain injury and 50% of other clinical cases would be classified positive for brain injury in the absence of any history of head injury in an open clinical series.

From https://qeegsupport.com/eeg-findings-in-traumatic-brain-injury/

The 50% false positive would indicate this test is not suitable for making a diagnosis and the person using and interpreting the test was probably not up to date in their understanding of the research data upon which the technique is based.

Nelson1967
02-23-17, 08:32 PM
It also can show to much in data thata and bata too it's normally to test for epilepsy too on me it's both epilepsy and too high data wave left side only from a TBI
Ask your mom made u had a TBI many years ago