View Full Version : Adderall Completely Stopped Working (Help)

eliascg
01-29-17, 09:36 PM
Hello everyone, this is my first time posting so I apologize if this is not in the right section but I want to tell you all what has happened and if you know of any reason why it happened or how I can fix it.

So I am 17 year old now and a senior in high school. All my Junior year I took adderall instant release 10mg tablet. (I took 3-4) over the course of the day. my last one being taken between 12:30 and 1 pm every weekday and took the weekends off. It made me feel fantastic, all my thoughts were positive, I was motivated, I had great ideas, and I could sit down and write an essay in one sitting without any issues. It continued like this over the whole year and the day after the last day of my junior year I completely stopped taking adderall for the whole summer.

When I returned to school for my senior year and took adderall I felt literally nothing, I started back at a small dose but going all the way up to 4 a day I still felt almost nothing, I could kind of focus but not for long periods of time and didn't get the same motivation or euphoria. I am wondering if anyone knows why this is, I ruled out the tolerance problem since I completely stopped for 2 months and I can't figure out why it no longer works.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Thanks

Elias

dvdnvwls
01-30-17, 03:39 AM
Do you ever have caffeine?

sarahsweets
01-30-17, 04:47 AM
Im assuming because you are a minor that your parents were involved? What do they say? What about your doctor? Did your doctor ever consider something like adderall xr?

Swissy
01-30-17, 07:39 AM
If you have a different brand now that could be it.

Little Nut
01-30-17, 10:53 AM
Hey Elias, You took the summer off. Since September (4-5 months) you have taken Adderall 10mg Adderall IR TID/QID with minimal treatment. Prior school year that Dosing Schedule M-F fully treated your symptoms and provided a euphoric kick. Did I get that right?

This is something you should discuss w/ your Doc if you haven't already.

Off the top of my head:

You still taking weekends off like before?
Any changes wrt other meds? ...nutrients/supplements? ...diet?
Any changes wrt height, weight, physical activity...?
What did the Doc say? Assuming you have asked since been 4-5 months.
If you're still taking weekends off, have you taken doses higher than before?
Did you change brand since last school year? If so have you changed brand since September?
A new mental/physical illness...

GL, -LN

eliascg
01-30-17, 11:28 AM
I have spoken to my doctor and the only thing he could think of is that my tolerance has gone up. I am still taking weekends off ad there is no change in brand. I have actually started taking some supplements but according to my doctor they shouldn't affect the adderall. I tried the XR and didn't get any feeling of concentration at all. My doctor is going to put me on concerta at the beginning of February to see if that works but I am still curious as to why it suddenly stopped working.

Little Nut
01-30-17, 11:38 AM
---SNIP---
...but I am still curious as to why it suddenly stopped working.

Me 2. I know I have read posts about stimulants just stopping to work, I just hate tossing it into the hellifino category. GL and Hope It Works Out, -LN