View Full Version : Very Important - Adderall XR Changes for 2017

MyAchillesheel
01-31-17, 01:40 AM
Adderall XR Changes for 2017 Generics and Authorized Generics

**SarahSweets this is for you ;)

You can crossreference this data at dailymed.com by researching Amphetamine here: https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/

Here is a link regarding Prasco taking over Teva's authorized generic manufactured by Shire: http://www.capital-drug.com/prasco-acquires-tevas-authorized-generic-of-adderall-xr/

1) Shire will continue to manufacture their brand of Adderall XR

2) Shire will now make the Authorized Generic XR Adderall for Sandoz and Prasco

2a) Sandoz and Prasco are now the new Authorized Generics. These authorized generics are the exact same XR formulation as brand name Shire XR without the expensive cost of the brand name your insurance doesn't cover. The Shire, Sandoz, and Prasco formulas all have 9 to 10 inactive ingredients.

3) Teva will be distributing the Actavis XR under the name Teva and Actavis. This means Teva XR is NO longer a Shire authorized generic product. Teva XR is now Actavis XR. This product has 18 inactive ingredients.

4) Impax is launching a new generic XR under their own name Impax. This is a brand new generic XR which none of us have had yet. It has over 20 inactive ingredients.

5) Global; Impax owns Global, there is no word on whether or not Impax will continue to distribute the Global Authorized Generic XR which is/was manufactured by Shire.

*** Please note that these changes will not show up until all the previous lots of XR have been distributed. What that means is the Teva and Global Authorized Adderall XR Generics from 2016 are probably still in stock at your local pharmacies. This is why you have not seen the changes yet. Once that stock is exhausted you will then see the new XR capsules.

Dailymed has the phone numbers of the manufacturers and all other pertinent data. You can also Google the pharmaceutical companies to call and verify distribution and lot numbers.

A real world example using 30 mg Adderall XR capsules:
In regard to the Sandoz and Prasco Authorized Generics using the 30mg capsules they will look like this:
The 30 mg Capsules will still be - Brown and Orange
Imprint will be - M; AMPHET; SALTS; 30; MG

Brand name Shire 30 mg XR capsule will still be - Brown and Orange with Imprint of Adderall XR 30 MG

The new Impax Generic 30 mg XR capsule will be Clear and Brown with an Imprint of G456

Teva / Actavis 30 mg Generic XR capsule will still be all Orange with Imprint R 3061

Please verify for your own records at dailymed.com to verify what the other 25, 20, 15, 10, and 5 mg XR generic capsules will look like and verify imprints on the capsules

I am only posting this for your reference and information because I know how bad it is to end up with a generic form of adderall that doesn't work for you.

Good luck and I hope you all have a successful 2017.

itaintme
02-23-17, 11:54 PM

Can you tell me where are you seeing this part? Google is letting me down.....

fredonian
02-26-17, 11:36 PM
If the below holds true then indeed Sandoz may be phasing out the last of their native stock and opening way for distributing generic formulations manufactured at Shire under their label.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ADHD/comments/5uvmz3/do_they_still_make_the_sandoz_adderall/

http://www.drugstorenews.com/article/sandoz-launches-authorized-adderall-xr-generic

Bright
05-12-17, 10:37 AM
Help please!!!

I was taking Teva or Barr's generic 20mg Adderall XR successfully for the past 14 years.

I had a severe reaction to the brand by Shire and Sandoz. I called and found out that Prasco and Global/Impax are also manufactured by Shire and will affect me the same way.

Now that Teva discontinued Adderall XR, Actavis was my only other option.

I've been on Actavis's generic since last Friday. Two 20MG pills a day. It didn't have the kick in the morning but I was hopeful that I would adjust. Well I haven't. After a few days I really lost motivation and had trouble writing for work. It's incapacitating!

What do I do? I even got to my doctor's appt so late yesterday that I missed it! I feel disorganized again and now what?

I live nearly half my life on either Teva or Barr. They worked for me.

My next appt is on Tuesday and I am praying to make it through to then in better shape. Actavis is better than the Shire but that doesn't say much.

What else do I do? I looked at Vyvanse. But that is made by Shire. What if that doesn't work?

Anyone else have to switch to another med because of the Adderall XR changes?

I had to take off work to sort this out. I miss my Teva!

Can this please be like Twinkies? Come back Teva come back please!!!

Thank you in advance for your advice ☺

sarahsweets
05-16-17, 04:16 AM
Help please!!!

I was taking Teva or Barr's generic 20mg Adderall XR successfully for the past 14 years.

I had a severe reaction to the brand by Shire and Sandoz. I called and found out that Prasco and Global/Impax are also manufactured by Shire and will affect me the same way.

Now that Teva discontinued Adderall XR, Actavis was my only other option.

As far as I know, Teva/Barr did not discontinue making adderall xr.
SHIRE makes the authorized generics for most of all of the generic adderall xr. This included: Global, Impax, Sandoz and Teva Barr. As far as I know ACTAVIS is the only "stand alone" company able to manufacture their own with its own raw ingredients and manufacturing process. Sandoz only recently became an authorized generic for adderall xr- and I am not sure if they too make their own or if Shire makes it as an authorized generic.

I've been on Actavis's generic since last Friday. Two 20MG pills a day. It didn't have the kick in the morning but I was hopeful that I would adjust. Well I haven't. After a few days I really lost motivation and had trouble writing for work. It's incapacitating!

What do I do? I even got to my doctor's appt so late yesterday that I missed it! I feel disorganized again and now what?

I live nearly half my life on either Teva or Barr. They worked for me.

My next appt is on Tuesday and I am praying to make it through to then in better shape. Actavis is better than the Shire but that doesn't say much.

What else do I do? I looked at Vyvanse. But that is made by Shire. What if that doesn't work?

Anyone else have to switch to another med because of the Adderall XR changes?

I had to take off work to sort this out. I miss my Teva!

Can this please be like Twinkies? Come back Teva come back please!!!

Thank you in advance for your advice ☺

ACTAVIS was horrible for me. I took it for 2 days and dropped the rest of my script off to the doctor, and got a new script and paid out of pocket for it. I am not normally the kind of person that insists the generics are all different from each other and am not usually brand loyal but in this cases it was glaringly obvious. Can you do what I did and get a new script? You are not crazy!

Bright
05-16-17, 07:07 PM
Thank you!!! ✌ Just got a new script and my doctor's office still needs to call in to do the override so the insurance will cover it.

I'm so tired on the Actavis. Tomorrow morning I have to make phone calls. Right now I am exhausted. My doc said it sounds like I am withdrawing from not having any of the medication in system (despite the fact that I have been taking my meds as prescribed this whole time on Actavis).

My blood pressure was so much lower today. No wonder I've been so cold too.

It's weird though because I cannot take brand or Sandoz (had a whole different set of side effects), and now Actavis --- But it sounds like a so many people want the brand and Sandoz. Granted, so what. If my body and brain don't work with that then it's not my fault and it's not my fault that I also love a generic [Teva] that a lot of people hate on too. Teva and formerly Barr was what I have been on for so many years.

Likewise, if someone here loved Actavis and couldn't stand being on any other generic, that's fine and that person needs to do what is best for him or her.

Thankfully my doctor understood and was helpful today. Tbc.

Bright
05-16-17, 07:13 PM
Thanks you're right! Shire did make Teva. Now Prasco markets it. I don't know if the ones marketed as Teva were made in a different factory or what, but they have a totally different effect on me.

You can blindfold me and tell me it's something else but this is beyond placebo. And I don't ever want to go back on the brand name or Sandoz trip again.

And thank you for validation. I know that I am an expert on my own experience and I have to advocate for myself. At the same time, there is power in peer support.

Heyoume
05-31-17, 08:48 PM
Hey there,

Soo I have had a very similar experience with the generics. I was on vyvanse for some time until recently I had to switch to XR for financial reasons. I started out on Prasco and everything was gravy. I was very productive able to focus on one task at hand and follow through, take care of all important matters in life and not put things off etc. I also was told by acquaintances about how Sandoz was the crème de la crème so I took a chance on trying Sandoz, well it has been a living nightmare. The feeling I get from Sandoz is withdrawn, brain fog, unproductive, demotivated, forgetful, listless. I know that Sandoz and Prasco are the authorized generics but only Prasco makes me feel like ME. Now, I can honestly say that all generics are NOT made equal.

You have to go with what feels right to you.:)

be_an_adult
06-06-17, 08:00 PM
I was just prescribed the Impax 15mg XR, I'll give you all a review of it in a week or so. Keep in mind this is coming from Mylan 10mg IR 2x daily, which gave me some side effects.

tmlive
06-11-17, 10:06 PM
I was on vyvanse for some time until recently I had to switch to XR for financial reasons.

Same thing here. Vyvanse is way too expensive without insurance.

GoodRx doesn't help. And I haven't been able to get any of their trial coupons to work a 2nd time.

MyAchillesheel
06-15-17, 01:04 PM
I was just prescribed the Impax 15mg XR, I'll give you all a review of it in a week or so. Keep in mind this is coming from Mylan 10mg IR 2x daily, which gave me some side effects.

Any status update regarding opinion on the Impax XR formulation be_an-adult?

nanajoy
06-27-17, 06:29 PM
I just picked up IMAX 10MG XR. I'd be happy to review it for you. Start tomorrow.

JustAHedgehog
07-15-17, 11:40 AM
Very satisfied with Prasco 30 mg XR. Has been so much help in my performance at school

Never ends
07-16-17, 01:25 PM
Mine just makes me feel lazy.

sarahsweets
07-16-17, 02:42 PM
Mine just makes me feel lazy.

Time to see your doctor then.

Never ends
07-16-17, 03:49 PM
Time to see your doctor then.

I'm calling him tomorrow for an appt., what's my next step?? I have 9 days before I got back to work, and I'd like to get it sorted out quickly.

I am a supervisor on a large drilling rig and it requires 12+ hours of sitting, running a rig and 5 guys, I was kinda pushed to go get my ways out in control (been putting it off for years) and now I'm regretting it. Takes too much time and too man you trips to doc.

Adderall worked great years ago when I did a trial period with it. Not sure what route to go next.

sarahsweets
07-16-17, 04:13 PM
I'm calling him tomorrow for an appt., what's my next step?? I have 9 days before I got back to work, and I'd like to get it sorted out quickly.

I am a supervisor on a large drilling rig and it requires 12+ hours of sitting, running a rig and 5 guys, I was kinda pushed to go get my ways out in control (been putting it off for years) and now I'm regretting it. Takes too much time and too man you trips to doc.

Adderall worked great years ago when I did a trial period with it. Not sure what route to go next.

You say it makes you lazy. Do you mean that it never works? That 100% of the time your adhd symptoms are horrible? That no symptoms are controlled whatsoever?

Never ends
07-16-17, 04:19 PM
You say it makes you lazy. Do you mean that it never works? That 100% of the time your adhd symptoms are horrible? That no symptoms are controlled whatsoever?

I mean like overcontrolled, I don't want to move or think or do anything, and I get edgy because of it. I'm also on abilify, not sure if that's why.

MyAchillesheel
07-16-17, 07:20 PM
Never Ends,

The problem you are having with Adderall stems from Abilify plugging up your liver enzymes responsible for processing Adderall. Specifically enzyme Cyp2d6. Please research and educate yourself on the interaction between these two medications.

Here is one link for your reference: https://www.pharmgkb.org/view/drug-label.do?id=PA166104839

Please also simply Google: "Abilify Cyp2d6"

This will pull up a plethora of information on the interactions of medications when liver enzyme Cyp2d6 is plugged up / blocked from working properly.

The issue is thr Adderall is not being processed correctly and is building up in your blood stream giving you a toxic like reaction/ overdosed reaction such as Zombie like feelings, sedation, sit and spin, and etc...

In the meantime you will have to back off the adderall and let your system detox for a couple days. Sometimes reintroducing at HALF the dose MIGHT allow the adderall to work better.... But...as the literature shows the Abilify dose has to be reduced in order to alliw other medications to be processed correctly through your liver.

This is clearly a situation you need to discuss eith your doctor.

Your doctor should have been aware of the cyp2d6 enzyme interactions before prescribing. Shame on him or her....

The Cyp2d6 enzyme is a common issue when multiple medications are taken that are processed through the enzyme. Do the research, educate yourself, and ultimately everything will work out once you and your doctor discuss your options.

You will be back on track in no time.

Never ends
07-17-17, 10:39 AM
Never Ends,

The problem you are having with Adderall stems from Abilify plugging up your liver enzymes responsible for processing Adderall. Specifically enzyme Cyp2d6. Please research and educate yourself on the interaction between these two medications.

Here is one link for your reference: https://www.pharmgkb.org/view/drug-label.do?id=PA166104839

This will pull up a plethora of information on the interactions of medications when liver enzyme Cyp2d6 is plugged up / blocked from working properly.

The issue is thr Adderall is not being processed correctly and is building up in your blood stream giving you a toxic like reaction/ overdosed reaction such as Zombie like feelings, sedation, sit and spin, and etc...

In the meantime you will have to back off the adderall and let your system detox for a couple days. Sometimes reintroducing at HALF the dose MIGHT allow the adderall to work better.... But...as the literature shows the Abilify dose has to be reduced in order to alliw other medications to be processed correctly through your liver.

Your doctor should have been aware of the cyp2d6 enzyme interactions before prescribing. Shame on him or her....

The Cyp2d6 enzyme is a common issue when multiple medications are taken that are processed through the enzyme. Do the research, educate yourself, and ultimately everything will work out once you and your doctor discuss your options.

You will be back on track in no time.

Thanks a bunch! I've been doing some reading and haven't found any good info like this, I've read where others have similar effects with meds like abilify and adderall, I'll be calling my doc today and schedule an appt. to see what other options I have. I don't think I really need the abilify myself.

Never ends
07-19-17, 12:37 AM
So I cut the abilify back to 3 mg (1/3 of 10mg) and seems to be working.

I work from 0530-630 and I've noticed the meds wear off before noon, I have not been in to see my doc yet, so I was wondering what to do about the adderall wearing off before my work shift is half way over and not look like I'm after more more more.

I'm not back to work yet (2 weeks on 2 weeks off schedule) and I'm trying to get my med situation sorted out before I go back. They've been on me hard to get something going on.

Never ends
07-19-17, 10:39 AM
I have an appt tomorrow morning to see my doctor. Anything special or specific I should ask or tell him??

sarahsweets
07-19-17, 01:50 PM
I have an appt tomorrow morning to see my doctor. Anything special or specific I should ask or tell him??

Explain how well your symptoms are or are not controlled and explain when take it and at what point you think it wears off. Talk about what the meds don (or dont do) not about how they feel.

Ultima
07-19-17, 05:29 PM
It's been a week since I've been taking Adderall 10 MG IR, manufactured by Teva. This stuff doesn't work, at all. It sure does suppress my appetite though. I think I may have also experienced some negative thoughts due to this medication. Usually right around the time my appetite returns, so I'm assuming when it wears off. I should be talking to my doctor tomorrow, and I'm wondering if it's the brand, or perhaps Adderall isn't for me? I don't want her to just up my dose when it isn't helping me. Anyone have any advice on how to approach this?

MyAchillesheel
07-20-17, 01:03 AM
It's been a week since I've been taking Adderall 10 MG IR, manufactured by Teva. This stuff doesn't work, at all. It sure does suppress my appetite though. I think I may have also experienced some negative thoughts due to this medication. Usually right around the time my appetite returns, so I'm assuming when it wears off. I should be talking to my doctor tomorrow, and I'm wondering if it's the brand, or perhaps Adderall isn't for me? I don't want her to just up my dose when it isn't helping me. Anyone have any advice on how to approach this?

Ultima,

Don't quit on Adderall yet. It is a great life improving medication when you get it dialed in. You still can try reducing the dose to 5mg or 7.5mg. Just cut the tablet in half and then quarter it.

Often times less works much better than more with these stimulant medications.

In addition are you taking any other medications, over the counter or prescription?

Are you taking any hormones or birth control?

Do you take adderall with food? Anything acidic?

Do you take it on an empty stomach then eat 30 to 45 minutes later?

Are you drinking coffee or tea?

So many things can interact with adderall....

If you are female your monthly cycle plays a major roll in how well the adderall will work because of the changes in hormone profiles.

There are also other generic forms of adderall either in the tablet IR form or in the capsule XR form.

In addition learn more about the medication itself as it has a long half life for the left and right handed isomers. This means it builds up in your system and when it does you will experience different effects. If the dose is too high you will experience more side effects. Good and bad.

Furthermore read, read, and read some more about the medication and ADD and/ or ADHD.

Dr. Amen has some good info.
Dr. Charles Parker has a website loaded with great info about adderall and the issues patients run into.

You need to understand that amphetamines are notoriously sensitive in respect to finding the correct therapeutic dose for all of us. Sometimes it is difficult but all you need to do is have a little patience and adjust the dosage.

I think just about anyone will react well to Adderall and Ritalin provided the patient has the chance to try the different generics as well as the delivery systems in the IR tablet form or the XR capsule.

You will find the right dosage and the generic or brand that suits you.

Just give it some time. You will find success, it will all work out.

Anecdotally: I tried 3 different generic forms of adderall and had to titrate my dosage from 5mg to 15mg to find the right fit for my brain. That took 3 months.

So my point is, it takes some time, if the adderall bothers you then back off from it for a couple days and then try it again at a lower dose. If you still have issues then try a different generic form of adderall.

Currently the IR tablets available are:
Teva
Sandoz
Mylan
Mallinckrodt
Aurobindo
Sun Pharma

Currently the XR capsules available are:
Shire (the original brand)
Prasco (Authorized generic manufactured by Shire)
Sandoz (Authorized generic manufactured by Shire)

Teva/Barr
Impax
Actavis/Teva

You will be OK and will find success one way or another. Just keep a daily log to track the pros and cons. The main thing is to ensure you are getting more positives than negatives.

In the end it will all work out.

MyAchillesheel
07-20-17, 01:55 AM
Ultima,

I forgot to mention Dr. Charles Parker and the therapeutic window. Google that to help you identify the right dosage.

He has some good suggestions on diet as well

Never ends
07-20-17, 04:45 PM
I went to the doctor today and told him my abilify fiasco with the adderall and how the adderall wasn't lasting long.

He dropped the abilify dose to 5mg and told me to take it before bed and upped the adderall to 20 mg XR once daily.

I asked about IR for emergencies in the afternoon and he said that was a last resort. So today so far I feel good, heads not 100 mph, and I'm calm but productive. Hopefully things work out ok.

wonderboy
07-20-17, 06:31 PM
I spoke to a senior representative at Teva USA Generics today.

I asked her if they are discontinuing IR

She said "although we have been acquired by actavis, we are still shipping * -Teva- brand generic IR"

wonderboy
07-21-17, 01:38 AM
Concerning the post about Abilify and Adderall:

Another explanation for this has to do with dopamine

In my opinion, it is the culprit of your symptoms, is how, specifically,these drugs are effecting these drugs

http://www.jbc.org/content/279/10/8966.long?utm_source=TrendMD&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Journal_of_Biological_Chemistry_Trend MD_0

You will be back on track in no time.[/QUOTE]

wonderboy
07-21-17, 11:10 AM
Adderall XR Changes for 2017 Generics and Authorized Generics

**SarahSweets this is for you ;)

You can crossreference this data at dailymed.com by researching Amphetamine here: https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/

Here is a link regarding Prasco taking over Teva's authorized generic manufactured by Shire: http://www.capital-drug.com/prasco-acquires-tevas-authorized-generic-of-adderall-xr/

1) Shire will continue to manufacture their brand of Adderall XR

2a) Sandoz and Prasco are now the new Authorized Generics. These authorized generics are the exact same XR formulation as brand name Shire XR without the expensive cost of the brand name your insurance doesn't cover. The Shire, Sandoz, and Prasco formulas all have 9 to 10 inactive ingredients.

3) Teva will be distributing the Actavis XR under the name Teva and Actavis. This means Teva XR is NO longer a Shire authorized generic product. Teva XR is now Actavis XR. This product has 18 inactive ingredients.

4) Impax is launching a new generic XR under their own name Impax. This is a brand new generic XR which none of us have had yet. It has over 20 inactive ingredients.

5) Global; Impax owns Global, there is no word on whether or not Impax will continue to distribute the Global Authorized Generic XR which is/was manufactured by Shire.

*** Please note that these changes will not show up until all the previous lots of XR have been distributed. What that means is the Teva and Global Authorized Adderall XR Generics from 2016 are probably still in stock at your local pharmacies. This is why you have not seen the changes yet. Once that stock is exhausted you will then see the new XR capsules.

Dailymed has the phone numbers of the manufacturers and all other pertinent data. You can also Google the pharmaceutical companies to call and verify distribution and lot numbers.

A real world example using 30 mg Adderall XR capsules:
In regard to the Sandoz and Prasco Authorized Generics using the 30mg capsules they will look like this:
The 30 mg Capsules will still be - Brown and Orange
Imprint will be - M; AMPHET; SALTS; 30; MG

Brand name Shire 30 mg XR capsule will still be - Brown and Orange with Imprint of Adderall XR 30 MG

The new Impax Generic 30 mg XR capsule will be Clear and Brown with an Imprint of G456

Teva / Actavis 30 mg Generic XR capsule will still be all Orange with Imprint R 3061

Please verify for your own records at dailymed.com to verify what the other 25, 20, 15, 10, and 5 mg XR generic capsules will look like and verify imprints on the capsules

I am only posting this for your reference and information because I know how bad it is to end up with a generic form of adderall that doesn't work for you.

Good luck and I hope you all have a successful 2017.

What is the status of Teva manufacturing Adderall IR?

Ultima
07-22-17, 02:14 PM
Ultima,

I forgot to mention Dr. Charles Parker and the therapeutic window. Google that to help you identify the right dosage.

He has some good suggestions on diet as well

Thank you very much for your informative post, MyAchilllesheel. I actually think the medication is beginning to work and the side effects appear to have subsided. It's incredibly subtle but in those subtle ways it's already impacting my daily routine significantly.