View Full Version : Think my boyfriend has ADHD

meljenks
02-01-17, 09:12 AM
I am at the verge of ending things with him dont want to if he has got ADHD. I've been with my boyfriend for a year and when he has a "good" day (which is very rare) he's so loving and kind BUT on the bad days, he doesnt listen to me, interrupts me when i speak which makes the arguing worse because then i get annoyed, he cales me horrible names and accuses me of cheating most days but then says he didnt mean it when he's calmed down and he says it before thinking.

He did emotionally cheat for 7 months (messaging girls and sending naughty pics).

Hi gives up on this easily and gets easily wound up, he start shaking. the slightest thing sets him off.

Does this sound like ADHD?

Little Missy
02-01-17, 10:10 AM
It sounds like you need a different boyfriend.

Fraser_0762
02-01-17, 10:13 AM
Sounds like you're in a toxic relationship. Perhaps try to raise these issues with him. If he isn't willing to take on your advice however, I would get out of there for your own sake.

sarahsweets
02-01-17, 01:57 PM
I am at the verge of ending things with him dont want to if he has got ADHD.
Why not? There is more to a person than adhd and it sounds like you are very unhappy.

I've been with my boyfriend for a year and when he has a "good" day (which is very rare) he's so loving and kind BUT on the bad days, he doesnt listen to me, interrupts me when i speak which makes the arguing worse because then i get annoyed, he cales me horrible names and accuses me of cheating most days but then says he didnt mean it when he's calmed down and he says it before thinking.

Did you know that a lot of abusers accuse their partners of cheating and heap emotional abuse on them because of their own insecurities?

He did emotionally cheat for 7 months (messaging girls and sending naughty pics).

This has nothing to do with adhd- unfaithfulness, especially the emotional kind is a whole different issue.

Hi gives up on this easily and gets easily wound up, he start shaking. the slightest thing sets him off.

So basically, you have to walk on egg shells around him?