View Full Version : Evekeo

thatgrljme
02-03-17, 02:43 PM
Was wondering if anyone has tried this, or currently taking it?

My pdoc just added this to my 50mg Vyvanse to use as a booster in the early AM and afternoon if needed. I typically take my vyvanse at 7am, but I'm up as early as 4:30am and extra irritable in the morning. I sometimes feel the vyvanse wears off around 3pm so that becomes a problem after work.

I think I metabolize meds fast and wonder if that could be my issue with the vyvanse, otherwise I love it and am interested to see how the Evekeo can help.

sarahsweets
02-08-17, 05:14 AM
So you take the evekeo as a booster before the vvanse, at the same time as the vyvanse or separately?

thatgrljme
02-08-17, 11:06 AM
So you take the evekeo as a booster before the vvanse, at the same time as the vyvanse or separately?

Seperately. Usually around 2 or 3pm if I need it. I took half a dose the first day I had it and was amped up too much for my liking, but a quarter the next day and did ok. I try not to take it too often, just when I feel like the vyvanse has maybe worn off and I still have things I need to focus on. Does that make sense?

I feel like I need more help on the weekends when my husband works all weekend and I'm home all weekend with our son.

Hambone
03-08-17, 06:34 PM
I'm trialing Evekeo now. I took Dexedrine for a long time and then switched to Desoxyn for the last couple of years. At my last appt I just happened to ask my Dr what Benzedrine's claim to fame was when it was still on the market. He mentioned that it was back as Evekeo. He asked if I'd like to try it. I'm a recovering alc/da and have found that I have a HUGE tolerance for sedatives, but am really sensitive to stimulants. It doesn't take much for me to end up rather anxious. With that bit of background, my first impression was that it was very smooth and fairly dose tolerant. However, after taking it for a couple of weeks, I've come to the conclusion that it's actually fairly potent and seems to be long lasting. Being sensitive to stimulants, my dose right now is 10 mg around 6:00 am and then 2.5 sometime after lunch. I've reduced my afternoon dose from 10 mg to 2.5 to avoid feeling wired. I may end up reducing the am dose to 5 or 7.5 mg. For reference, I was Rx'd 20 mg of Dexedrine daily and 20 mg of Desoxyn daily. Both of those were usually split 10 mg am/10mg pm. For me, (w/Dr's agreement) my dose varies daily with tasks at hand, level of motivation, anxiety, etc. I do think it is as good or better than any other stimulant I've tried. FWIW, I hesitated to try any meds for years because of sobriety concerns. Although I REALLY hate how easily I cross the line to anxiety/agitation, it's a HUGE relief to know that I'm very unlikely to abuse my meds. Sorry for the life story, but I hope that helps a little.
Charles

jeffb74
03-11-17, 09:54 PM
I'm trialing Evekeo now. I took Dexedrine for a long time and then switched to Desoxyn for the last couple of years. At my last appt I just happened to ask my Dr what Benzedrine's claim to fame was when it was still on the market. He mentioned that it was back as Evekeo. He asked if I'd like to try it. I'm a recovering alc/da and have found that I have a HUGE tolerance for sedatives, but am really sensitive to stimulants. It doesn't take much for me to end up rather anxious. With that bit of background, my first impression was that it was very smooth and fairly dose tolerant. However, after taking it for a couple of weeks, I've come to the conclusion that it's actually fairly potent and seems to be long lasting. Being sensitive to stimulants, my dose right now is 10 mg around 6:00 am and then 2.5 sometime after lunch. I've reduced my afternoon dose from 10 mg to 2.5 to avoid feeling wired. I may end up reducing the am dose to 5 or 7.5 mg. For reference, I was Rx'd 20 mg of Dexedrine daily and 20 mg of Desoxyn daily. Both of those were usually split 10 mg am/10mg pm. For me, (w/Dr's agreement) my dose varies daily with tasks at hand, level of motivation, anxiety, etc. I do think it is as good or better than any other stimulant I've tried. FWIW, I hesitated to try any meds for years because of sobriety concerns. Although I REALLY hate how easily I cross the line to anxiety/agitation, it's a HUGE relief to know that I'm very unlikely to abuse my meds. Sorry for the life story, but I hope that helps a little.
Charles
Hambone, just curious why did you switch from Dexedrine to Desoxyn , and then why the switch from Desoxyn to Evekeo? Can you compare Dexedrine to Desoxyn to Evekeo? Now this might be difficult because they are all different prescription medications with different active ingredients but please try..

sarahowell12
07-04-17, 02:02 AM
Is it dangerous to take evekeo and vyvanse at the same time?